NEW Stedebani GP ,,,,""CLOSED""

quikconq

i have my bushings in hand and they look good. however, im having a tough time figuring out where all these bushings go. so far all ive figured out are the "radius rod bushings" and the "rear control arm rearward inner bushings"

is there a thread somewhere with a good guide? the installation procedure on the sheet that came with the parts isnt much help.

thanks

Is that your pic? If so then it looks like it's all there to me

all together there should be 24 poly bushings,2metal sleeves

and packet of lube.

they are all are poured in one mold,,once cured ,they are

trimmed bagged and shipped,,,one set at a time

Ok. I was just under the impression that the sleeves and the polys that are on them were meant for the rear control arms. Just confused on where all of the bushings go haha thanks for the info Bryan.

hey Sam

glad your startin your project,,,there is a thread here somewhere

it makes it pretty easy,,,just a hint a ball joint press makes things

real easy,,,they sell them at harbor/china freight.

Get a fire goin on one of the bushings,,let it burn for a bit,,,then press

it out,,very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has any one had a chance to install the suspension bushing kit as yet, I got my and test fitted the metal inserts and sorry to say they were a bit sloppy loose inside the bushing especially the torsion bar and the rear arm bushing . the only one that had a tight fit was the sub frame bushing. Sadly I contacted Steve to return them whish he accepted but charge me a 15% restocking fee for returning defective product. I cannot blame him however whosoever set up this group purchase should have done a better job testing the sample product before final approval. I will not install sloppy bushing in my car and would rather spend the fund and order the Whiteline set the only draw back is they don’t offer the rear outer A arm bushing.

Has any one had a chance to install the suspension bushing kit as yet, I got my and test fitted the metal inserts and sorry to say they were a bit sloppy loose inside the bushing especially the torsion bar and the rear arm bushing . the only one that had a tight fit was the sub frame bushing. Sadly I contacted Steve to return them whish he accepted but charge me a 15% restocking fee for returning defective product. I cannot blame him however whosoever set up this group purchase should have done a better job testing the sample product before final approval. I will not install sloppy bushing in my car and would rather spend the fund and order the Whiteline set the only draw back is they don’t offer the rear outer A arm bushing.

hope you reused the metal sleeves,,they must be reused

Talked to steve,,,there is no defective parts and will have my hands

on the parts in question next week.

I believe steve offered Conrad a full refund,,but not for a partial order.

He only wanted a refund on the bushings ,,,"not replacement bushings"

and I'll have do a search but I'm gonna look for posts from 25gconquest

to see if he even asked anyone questions or advice on the issue

he was haveing.

I just installed a set of bushings in December ,,,with zero issues.

Hello all I have been in contact with Steve and we are trying to resolve the issue with the bushing from the kit I have issues with . Yes I am using the old sleeve, guys please I don’t want this to turn into a tread as me giving a bad name to anyone. Steve have been in communication with me in trying to figure out where is the issue. My main issues is the looseness of the reuse steel sleeves in some of the bushing especially the rear outer lower control arm and the front strut arm. As for the torque tube bushing my apology just saw a tread to reuse metal sleeves from the old on. Can some one please check there side to side play on the front strut arm where the bushing sit in the hole on the bracket. This is not my first time doing a bushing kit on a Starquest, I own and driven Starquest since 1987 and I done things to them that most are still learning. Not because I only join this club not too long ago you may think I am new to Starquest. The reason I have stayed off this site all these years is the attitude of some. One of the reason we have so little support for our cars as compared to others is that every time someone try to develop or implement something it is always the same people knocking it down. Let be more pro active in our approach in an effort to get people to support our cars and keep them on the road. I do read lots of tread but I don’t post much.

The reason I have stayed off this site all these years is the attitude of some. One of the reason we have so little support for our cars as compared to others is that every time someone try to develop or implement something it is always the same people knocking it down. I don’t post much.

I could be wrong but you are that guy,,,you just discribed your post up above.