g54b into a 1990 mazda b2600.

kyle's89quest

Has any one done this swap? Is it pretty much the same as a mightymax? Any info would be great. I was hoping that it would be the same engine mounts. And Maby trans mounts too. Also what about the harness and all.

Thanks in advanced,

kyle.

B2600 engine was only the same for 87/88, after 1989 the engine is a Mazda 2.6 completely different in every way. The ECU in it was made by Mitsubishi but it had no fuel maps that would work for a turbo application. The truck frame is the same but the engine mounts off the frame are different shape and in a different location. Easiest way would be grind the mounts off and get them from the 87/88 frame and the tranny crossmember would stay and so would the gearbox if you had the 87/88 bellhousing.

you can click the top link on the left side, "starter truck" and see the mounts on the frame in one pic

http://www.b2600turbo.com/photo.htm

I can add a picture of the mounts you in a few

hmm i wont have any problems cutting and welding new mounts. what about ecu's? I am confused how i can get the starion ecu and harness to work and still have the other stock truck stuff to work too.

The ignition power feed isn't in the ECI harness but the starter solenoid wire is. I don't remember where on that year Mazda the gauge wires ran you may have to cut them from the body harness and tie in since they are in your ECI harness. You just need the wiring diagram from both its not difficult at all You'll need to use a mechanical fan or make your own wiring for fan control. The B2600 driveshaft uses the larger spline yoke same as the turbo rx7 does and your Conquest tranny will require a new driveshaft so just worry about the shifter fitting the hole in the cab and being able to move it. If its lifted the hole might not be big enough front to back. If this is a 4x4 truck you better look for the 87/88 bellhousing then you can just use the mazda transmission.

Its a 2 wheel drive. Its all rusty looking. Were gonna use it to spank kids in there ricer cars lol. And that all seems simple enough. Ill come back to this post when the time comes to drop if it. Indiana thanks for the help.