2004 SRT4 - $3500

strang3majik

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low book on the car is $5800...it was a very good price. The amount of people trying to get this car for nothing amazes me. If you want one for less, go buy a totaled srt with a rebuilt title, fix it, and probably still have more than $5500 wrapped up in it.

But...guys...speaking of totaled cars...mine may be done for. Haven't had it looked at yet, but, back end slid around in a corner last night in the rain (brand new road was very slippery). I tried to correct for it, but, it being FWD, that just doesn't work.

So...it slid straight into a curb. Was maybe only a 10mph crash, didn't really feel it at all. Backed away from the curb and got out and looked.........

I think it may be dead. I drove it home having to stop every few minutes to let it drop off the 3/4 mark on the temp gauge. But, it ran fine, doesn't build boost...but...

the extent of the damage: intercooler is twisted up like a pretzel and broke, the a/c condensor was busted open, the radiator I guess was split since it dumped a bunch of antifreeze out, and, the rad support is bent up pretty good, along with the front bumper being broke.

I think she's done for. If it is, I'm buying it back and parting it out, engine and drivetrain are mine, though. If not, then I'll fix it and most likely keep it.

It sucks, but, what can you do. And for all you SRT4 drivers out there, make sure theres a crash bar in your front bumper. If mine still had it, it would've probably been pretty much fine. But...with the intercooler acting as the bumper, it just wasn't good. I love modifications by the previous owners :/

Edited by strang3majik

Dale, it was a fwd fail. They don't react like a rwd when the back end starts sliding around in a turn. Tried to countersteer but it just went straight....into a curb. Luckily, I was only doing 10-15mph upon kissing the curb, but, still apparently hard enough.

I respect rwd much more now for the amount of control you have. Fwd, not so much.

But...we'll see what happens, ill let you know Justin. It may not be, but all signs point to, it is done for.

Car was not totaled, but, I'm not into fixing it due to my wonderful $1k deductible and my bank not allowing me to do any of the work myself.

$3500, or whatever the balance of my loan is, and its yours. Needs an intercooler and radiator to be driven, but, several other misc pieces to be back to the way it was.

I'd estimate, with scrounged parts and installing most yourself, plus the straightening of the rad support (or replacing), you'd have about $1k to $1500 wrapped up in it to get it back to perfect. So, $4500 to $5k for an SRT4 with a still clean title, is a good price.

Edited by strang3majik

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I've given a deposit on the car. Myself and strang3majik are waiting for the title from his bank so I can complete the loan process on my end and he can get the rest of his $$ so I can pick it up.

Sorry guys.

Yep. I've given a deposit on the car. Myself and strang3majik are waiting for the title from his bank so I can complete the loan process on my end and he can get the rest of his $$ so I can pick it up.

Sorry guys.

why s

Sorry guys.

why sorry? congrats,and good luck fixing her.

• 3 weeks later...