Treadstone Guys

QuestFan

You could have went with a 45* if you were worried about hitting. What I usually do for an oil drain is to weld on an old turbo oil drain pipe.

I was going to do that but I couldnt find the one off my stock turbo. Woulda saved me some $$ I can always return the stuff if I stumble across it. Or if someone could help me out and send me one. :) I didnt think about it hitting untill I posted those pictures. Then it was a forhead slap.

Edited by QuestFan

Why are you guys adding oil bung drains?

because if you use this manifold, it will relocate the turbo too low to use the stock drain into the valve cover. plus the stock drain into the valve cover is not the most ideal, its more common for turbo oil drain tubes to drain to the oil pan.

If oil is getting pumped into the turbo shouldn't it have enough pressure to pump it out the other side, also this whole needing to add an oil bung just makes me wonder wt.... were the Mitsubishi guys thinking its one thing after another with this car...

If oil is getting pumped into the turbo shouldn't it have enough pressure to pump it out the other side, also this whole needing to add an oil bung just makes me wonder wt.... were the Mitsubishi guys thinking its one thing after another with this car...

once oil hits the turbo, its not really "pressurized" when it leaves/drains. From my understanding the oil runs down the inside of the t-cover and then it runs over the rubber part of the t-chain tensioner causing it to dry out/rot faster. i too wonder why thye didnt route it back to the pan directly. Indiana did a good write up on this in his b2600 build site.

Edited by NotStock88

Sure if you like to blow oil seals, mitsu did the best with what they had. We all learn change adapt upgrade etc.......

That's in incredibly lame, does anyone make a t-3 manifold that you don't need to weld a new bung up to the oil pan?

Ha, yea, but said manifold is the reason I am going with the treadstone. Welding a bung on your oil pan is really NOT that hard.

You wanna do a turbo swap and complain about having to weld a bung in the oil pan LOL.......would you run the thing without an exhaust to bwahahah

lol I went with a v-band on the back of the turbo to make things easier. All I will really have to do is shorten the DP. But yea if you plan on doin a T3 turbo swap, you better know what you are getting into.

Find a spare oil pan and modify it, then do the swap all at once with the new pan. Now you have another spare oil pan to return to stock someday if you like.

thats the conclusion i came too but if i can buy one where i dont need to do that id spend the extra $100

i know what im getting into, i just didnt think a turbo car wouldnt have the oil drain in the oilpan already.. turbo swap is pretty straight foward only thing i dont know about in tuning tbi..

Edited by underpaidslave