I want to upgrade my intake manifold

dominick

I have a 1988 chrysler conquest an I want to do away with the factory intake manifold an upgrade it but i don't know what will fit it or where to buy it...I mean the engine is mitsubishi so i need to know what i can use....If anyone can help me out I'll be very thankful

MPI is a-lot of work and learing. Lots of trial and error if you're new to it all like I was. You can make good power with the stock setup. Just do a port and polish and find one of the members who is running big #'s on the stock TBI. Do the stuff they did. Stuff like MAF-T's. Probably much easier. I wish I would have done that instead of MPI. Plus when people looked at the stock setup they thought it was a joke and had no power, untill we ran em. :ph34r: Edited by YoungQuestFan

MPI is a-lot of work and learing. Lots of trial and error if you're new to it all like I was. You can make good power with the stock setup. Just do a port and polish and find one of the members who is running big #'s on the stock TBI. Do the stuff they did. Stuff like MAF-T's. Probably much easier. I wish I would have done that instead of MPI. Plus when people looked at the stock setup they thought it was a joke and had no power, untill we ran em. :ph34r:

+1 I recommend Trilogy injectors(or Delphies), MAFT, port and polish, and a 3" exhaust. Should get you started pretty well. At that point, get a wideband and a bigger turbo. Our factory manifold is capable of producing some satisfactory numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

If your running stock turbo and exhaust, upgrade those first. I Assume your fuel filters are not clogged and your fuel pump is half dead.

Properly set up, the stock system is good for about 240-260 whp hp. Stock is about 145 whp. That is enough to wip a half --------------- tuned mpi.

If your running stock turbo and exhaust, upgrade those first. I Assume your fuel filters are not clogged and your fuel pump is half dead.

Properly set up, the stock system is good for about 240-260 whp hp. Stock is about 145 whp. That is enough to wip a half --------------- tuned mpi.

Not if you're running e85. ;) :lol:

:lol: So true. I guess the half arse tuned MPI would be me. It runs good enough to drive but I wouldnt try to run anyone with it. BUT, after the tune is squared away then its all burnt rubber from there. :P