need new fuel injectors

sd silver

I need/want a new set of stock FI's or if some 1 can point me in the right direction in acquiring them...i just bought an 89' TSI (non-shp) and am having issues and it would just put my mind at ease to get em cuz the ones i have are suspect; having no identifying marks and they'r both black and i'm kinda trying to semi-restore this car...

i bought it off a fellow member on here outta florida http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116802&st=0 , had it driven back here to socal by my pops who i flew out (he's a great man who did a great service for me when i could not)...the sq looked great in photo form and even when dad seen it in person, but after the first 1oo miles of his 2600 mile trip ,he quickly realized he might have just bought a junker on my behalf =(...long story short , i got shafted and not interested in sharing what i bought the car for at this time...either way there is an assortment of issues with it and would like to eliminate this part of it and i do not want to try to salvage these pos's currently in the fuel mixer...

i would also like to add that in my heart of hearts i am a true lover of these classics (btw, this is my 2nd one...my 1st car was an white 88' ESI-R but it's dead in my driveway)......any help would be greatly appreciated...

thx in advance-chris

I have some newish delphi injectors in the forsale section. Got around 1k miles on them and work perfectly in a stock car. I just pulled them off a running car a month ago. Interested?

http://www.starquest...howtopic=122652

i'm about to crash out since i work at 3:30 am but yea i'm interested...if its coo with u, could we finalize this deal tomorrow or this weekend at the latest??

-chris

Not a problem. Talk to you then.

lets do this, im not tryin to lowball just want working stuff thats all...also had a separate question: do u know where i could get a air flow meter cuz the guy sold it to my dad with a 1g dsm version along with gutting out most of the vacuum lines ("in the name performance"), not to mention the smog components and he added a 1g blow off valve/bypass valve and installed Greddy profec B boost controller while spraying fuel through 960 and 550cc fi's<------realized later that these were not the right size for my car....

idk who's more of an idiot, him for all the previous asshatery or me for paying twice what the car was worth all while never actually laying eyes on it personally...

i would appreciate any kinda help could give bro but yes i'll take the set of FI's, thank u...just wont be home today/tonight so i'll most likely try n hook up with u on this saturday sometime if thats ok with u

The thing is acording to a few websites I've seen the stock injector flow rates are 550/1050. But that's at the stock fuel pressure of 38 psi. Most aftermarket injectors are rated at 43 psi. So a 550 rated at 43 psi is gonna flow less at our stock 38 psi. So bumping the primary isn't a bad idea. That's why I bought 680/1050 injectors. That put my WOT AFR at 12:1 which was perfect for a stockish car.

I do have a stock mass air sensor. Alot of people like the 1g dsm unit because they say it flows better. Personally I'm not sold on the idea but many people have had success with them. Starting off with a good running engine and adding a s16g turbo, 3" GM mass air sensor, boost controller and a Maf translator is a very popular upgrade for stock cars. It's not uncommon for people to push past 200 hp with those mods. Just keep in mind those mods REQUIRE a wideband air/fuel gauge so you can monitor the mixture. Without a wideband you run the risk of blowing the motor.

Whenever you're ready for the injectors just send me a pm.