thermostat?

kyle's89quest

OK next problem... today and yesterday it has been well over 100 degrees outside. When i start to drive the car after work the temp comes up. and instead of going to around halfway and then cools down, it goes up past half way and then hovers for a while then slowely cools down to around normal. I figured since it was already hot out, it would open the thermostat sooner but i guess not. Does this sound like a thermostat problem or somthing else? Oh yeah, in the mornings it warms up normaly.

Thanks,

Kyle.

Its normal there's nothing wrong. It wouldn't matter what stat was in there they would be fully opened anyway. 100 degrees out,expect 3/4 on the gauge all the time. It makes NO difference so what its 10 degrees warmer. When it hits the "H" and will not cool down then you need to coast and let it cool off but don't shut it off unless your fans are dead.

has anyone used the *DM radiators? If so, was it worth it?

Thanks,

Kyle.

I have that radiator, just installed it Thursday. It was a good fit, just had to tweak the fans a bit, to get them to bolt up. My car did the same as yours and now it only gets past half way by a hair, with a/c on, in traffic, with 103 weather. Well worth it in my book. Just don't hit any wires like I did! Headlights wont pop-up no more! :lol: