AC Belt needed !

hdam

I'm living in Denmark, and need a belt for my 1988 Starion AirCondition pump.

My local Mitsubishi dealer says the part is unknown in his system, since only flatty's were sold in DK.

I emailed a german Mitsubishi dealer who has helped me previous with parts, but they say the Mitsubishi part is discontinued, and I should look for an OEM part.....but nowwhere to be found here in DK. :angry: :wacko:

So could anyone pls help me out here !

thanks in advance

I haven't a clue to whether there are auto parts stores in Denmark or not

we have places like pepboys, a kregan o'rilley, auto zone or some petrol stations that offer services for maintenance.

The main question is what engine do you have the 2.0 or the 2.6 ?

Drive belts and accessory belts can be generic and what you need is to be able to take the old belt or a measurement of the belt to a parts store or the dealership and ask them if they can match the belt to one in their stock.

Maybe even a place that sells small engines or compressors would be able to sell you a belt.

If anything you've got me to think what if because of the economy if the parts stores went out of business where would we be ?

I haven't a clue to whether there are auto parts stores in Denmark or not

we have places like pepboys, a kregan o'rilley, auto zone or some petrol stations that offer services for maintenance.

The main question is what engine do you have the 2.0 or the 2.6 ?

Drive belts and accessory belts can be generic and what you need is to be able to take the old belt or a measurement of the belt to a parts store or the dealership and ask them if they can match the belt to one in their stock.

Maybe even a place that sells small engines or compressors would be able to sell you a belt.

If anything you've got me to think what if because of the economy if the parts stores went out of business where would we be ?

Yeah....It's a 2.6 and the old belt is gone so any number form another manufacturer would be fine...and yes there are autopartsstores in Denmark , but none with the 2.6 listed in their catalogs.

so a part number from another manufacturer would be nice....

I'm living in Denmark, and need a belt for my 1988 Starion AirCondition pump.

My local Mitsubishi dealer says the part is unknown in his system, since only flatty's were sold in DK.

I emailed a german Mitsubishi dealer who has helped me previous with parts, but they say the Mitsubishi part is discontinued, and I should look for an OEM part.....but nowwhere to be found here in DK. :angry: :wacko:

So could anyone pls help me out here !

thanks in advance

Here are some #s for U..

Gates # 9540

Goodyear #17541

AC Delco #17540

Its size is 15/32" x 54 3/8"

Just my $0.02... ;)