questio about my head

i think my motor came with the caravan head on it and sometimes at cold start for a sec i get this annoying fast tick noise sounds like a sensor is almost stuck or the starter stick but it comes out of my valve cover does the caravan head have more lift from the lifters so i would have to trim my valve cover?? need help

sounds like nothing more than a lifter tick. are you running solid lifters? if your running hydrolic lifters its no real prob just kinda annoying i would just go ahaid and replace. Edited by on4now4

sounds like nothing more than a lifter tick. are you running solid lifters? if your running hydrolic lifters its no real prob just kinda annoying i would just go ahaid and replace.

I had this loud ticking for a while in my head, once the car was running for about 10 minutes it would go away. I didn't care at that time as I had a new head going on, but eventually the engine went due to the time change bolt coming undone.

When the car was apart I had some decent cracks in the exhaust header underneath. so all that air was getting inside the head which I understand causes that ticking sound. So check that out as well.

Thanks

I had this loud ticking for a while in my head, once the car was running for about 10 minutes it would go away. I didn't care at that time as I had a new head going on, but eventually the engine went due to the time change bolt coming undone.

When the car was apart I had some decent cracks in the exhaust header underneath. so all that air was getting inside the head which I understand causes that ticking sound. So check that out as well.

Thanks

i have no idea what bolt your talking about lol...

cracks in the exhaust many can cause ticking but they don't cause air to get into the motor the tick is caused by the exhaust gasses leaving the motor through the crack... maybe i just don't understand what your saying?

i have no idea what bolt your talking about lol...

cracks in the exhaust many can cause ticking but they don't cause air to get into the motor the tick is caused by the exhaust gasses leaving the motor through the crack... maybe i just don't understand what your saying?

oops, didn't mean to have your qoute in my repsonse, thought I was replying to the original poster. yes you got me, bolt that holds the timing gear? You can find the pics on "Dan the Handymans" site. I'll foward a link when I care more.

The ticking "noise" was my experience just suggesting to take a look cause it definitely sounding like it was coming from the Head.

oops, didn't mean to have your qoute in my repsonse, thought I was replying to the original poster. yes you got me, bolt that holds the timing gear? You can find the pics on "Dan the Handymans" site. I'll foward a link when I care more.

The ticking "noise" was my experience just suggesting to take a look cause it definitely sounding like it was coming from the Head.

ahh okay no worries. timing gear bolt okay well i know what that is lol