problem @ 3k and above

89questzilla69

Your vacuum advance working?

http://www.b2600turbo.com/distributorvacuum_advance_unit.htm

Pull the cap, put a short piece of hose on then suck on it and watch the arm pull in then cover the tip of the hose with your tonque and the arm must stay in otherwise its bad and its not able to retard timing under boost.

Check the advance springs also they broke on the 86 I had and was in full advance all the time. It would pop and fall on it's face a little above 3k. Do you have a Fuel Cut Defenser it makes a big difference.

vac adv. is deleted

There's your problem you can not remove that it must be there and working unless you have a way to control ignition timing with a stand alone device.

Did you look at the link I posted?

ok guys jus put motor in this car and it starts great and revs great sitting when i drive the car though if i feather the gas i can get it to rev better if i get into the gas pretty good it falls on its face @ 3k and wont go no higher

this is an 86 starion

On my 85.5 turbo truck i could hit fuel cut around 11-12 psi with just a 2.5 exhaust.

john this dont seem like fuel cut but i dunno ive tried a couple diff. ecu's in car and still the same ...indiana on my 88 i deleted vac adv and it ran fine 21 lbs 17 deg. of timing ran 13.7 at track no hickups and it was there w/ the vac adv hooked up also

you cant be serious about deleting the vacuum advance.....

it not only advances timing, but also begins to retard it. without it under boost you car will knock and the knock sensor will have to detect, and pull timing to keep your car from tearing itself to shreds.

I believe some of you might be confused about what vacuum advance is if you think you have successfully deleted it. (unless youre running megasquirt and EDIS or some alternate type of timing advance)