Factory Megasquirt map sensor

you are using the starion factory map?

6 psi should read about 187kpa

with the car on but not running you should be reading around 100kpa

Edited by jahjah

you are using the starion factory map?

6 psi should read about 187kpa

with the car on but not running you should be reading around 100kpa

Cool, thanks for your reply I'm using the map sensor built in Megasquirt and want to know the settings for it on tunerstudio.. I'm at 99.1 with the car off and at 477ft from sea level is this wrong? Thanks

Do you know if it has the Map Daddy?

I believe if you have a standard map sensor the settings will be as follows...

MAP SENSOR

value at 0 volts 10.0

value at 5 volts 260.0

and what do you mean MAP table? do you mean the KPA gauge on the tuner studios dashboard? or are you referring to the VE table?

Cool, thanks for your reply I'm using the map sensor built in Megasquirt and want to know the settings for it on tunerstudio.. I'm at 99.1 with the car off and at 477ft from sea level is this wrong? Thanks

Changed vacuum lines to the nipples under the throttle before with power on but car not running it reads map 99.1 when the car is at idle does vacuum and the map chart and my boost gauge goes to -10 vacuum and thea chart indicates around 38kpa is this the way it shoul be or does it have to be at 99 with car at idle and boost gauge at 0? Thanks best regards, Leo.

Do you know if it has the Map Daddy?

I believe if you have a standard map sensor the settings will be as follows...

MAP SENSOR

value at 0 volts 10.0

value at 5 volts 260.0

and what do you mean MAP table? do you mean the KPA gauge on the tuner studios dashboard? or are you referring to the VE table?

Not map table I mean map kpa on the VE table sorry...How about the correction should that be 147 -47?

Edited by subzerodata

when the car is running under vacuum around 37 kpa seems right if i can remember...

Sorry i don't know all the exact settings, I haven't messed with MS since i sold my old car. You might wanna search through www.Megamanual.com I pulled that info from there.

when the car is running under vacuum around 37 kpa seems right if i can remember...

Sorry i don't know all the exact settings, I haven't messed with MS since i sold my old car. You might wanna search through www.Megamanual.com I pulled that info from there.

Ok guys, thanks for all your help...I'll keep trying till I get it right...now will search for resistor pack since my injectors are 2.6 ohms any idea as where I can find a compatible resistor pack.. Thanks again...

you don't need a resistor pack. you can simply use pulse width modulation.

I'm a little confuse regarding this issue I will read a little more when I get Internet at home...still waiting for the installation..If you have inj carasteristics settings for low resistance injectors let me know...I'm running trilogy turbo injectors...I just don't want to cook them...thanks...

I'm a little confuse regarding this issue I will read a little more when I get Internet at home...still waiting for the installation..If you have inj carasteristics settings for low resistance injectors let me know...I'm running trilogy turbo injectors...I just don't want to cook them...thanks...

can you post a copy of your wireing diagram , normaly if the ecu has power feeds for each inj comeing from the ecu it has internal inj resistors,, if there is only inj ground pulse leads then you have to add external inj rsistors ,

these are 6 ohm resistors found on many cars , you could actualy use 2 oem inj resistor pacs

power for the injs add a huge amount of power drain on the ecu so to reduce this most older ecu's use'd external power for the injs , tru relays and resistors

i'm sure no expert on this but most injs with 2.6- 3.0 ohms use a 6 ohm resistor , one per inj .

low rpm use you could do 2 injs on one resistor if they were not pair'd injs but at a high rpm the load would be almost constant

i'm sure no expert on this but most injs with 2.6- 3.0 ohms use a 6 ohm resistor , one per inj .

low rpm use you could do 2 injs on one resistor if they were not pair'd injs but at a high rpm the load would be almost constant

I have 1 650cc and 1 950 both ara about 2.4 ohms what value should be correct for me?

I have 1 650cc and 1 950 both ara about 2.4 ohms what value should be correct for me?

your injs are with in stock inj specs, so a 6 ohm resistor should work fine , in fact the tbi system already has an inj resistor , or two inj rsistors in a pac by the rad suport

Your ECU must have a MAP reference hose that's UNDER the throttleplate and since our throttlebody/intake SUCKs for a good location to hook up a MAP sensor you have issues with MS and boost pressure as related to throttle position and rpms and boost levels. The MAP sensor if its on the lowest nipple you could be at part throttle and have boost and since its low in the intake the boost reading will be false and if its at the top where the vac. adv. nipple is you'll see boost but the throttle being barely open you'll have no boost in the bottom of the intake. You need to remember that the readings will only be accurate when the throttle plate is fully open. To see this difference just look at a boost gauge that's in the intercooler plumbing and compare it to your MAP sensor reading. This is different on MPI swap engines using a different intake too but on a stock intake and tbi its harder to tune since there's no real chamber to get the MAP reading from. This is why your MAP sensor is located in a large chamber in the intake manifold and a stock intake and throttlebody have no such place to connect a reference hose to. It was designed to use the MAF sensor which you aren't using. Be careful and patient setting up and tuning that software and watch your air fuel and be on the rich side to be safe in the beginning. The nipple for the fuel pressure regulator is above the throttleplate and never sees vacuum you can't use that for a MAP sensor reference.

Your ECU must have a MAP reference hose that's UNDER the throttleplate and since our throttlebody/intake SUCKs for a good location to hook up a MAP sensor you have issues with MS and boost pressure as related to throttle position and rpms and boost levels. The MAP sensor if its on the lowest nipple you could be at part throttle and have boost and since its low in the intake the boost reading will be false and if its at the top where the vac. adv. nipple is you'll see boost but the throttle being barely open you'll have no boost in the bottom of the intake. You need to remember that the readings will only be accurate when the throttle plate is fully open. To see this difference just look at a boost gauge that's in the intercooler plumbing and compare it to your MAP sensor reading. This is different on MPI swap engines using a different intake too but on a stock intake and tbi its harder to tune since there's no real chamber to get the MAP reading from. This is why your MAP sensor is located in a large chamber in the intake manifold and a stock intake and throttlebody have no such place to connect a reference hose to. It was designed to use the MAF sensor which you aren't using. Be careful and patient setting up and tuning that software and watch your air fuel and be on the rich side to be safe in the beginning. The nipple for the fuel pressure regulator is above the throttleplate and never sees vacuum you can't use that for a MAP sensor reference.

Thanks this is exactly with what I've struggled so far. It has been really frustrating .To make matters worse There is a difference with the AFR gauge and the reading in tunerstudio about 1.0 I'm using innovate lc-1

Edited by subzerodata

what i did to better understand what the MS table was telling me i use'd some hoses and pressure gauge and took readings at diff pressures, you know like 5 lbs, 10 lbs etc,, this made it easier for this old man to better understand what the meter was telling me

also the map is auto adjusting acording to my MS set up manual,, but i was useing the old MS system 2.25 i beleave , one thing all map sensors need is the shortest hose posible to make the signal changes happen as quick as posible , thats why on MPi set ups the map is normaly mount'd on the intake .

the exact voltage signal is not as important as the amount of change from high vac to the highest boost the engine see's

just like the TPS,, it will work with what ever the idle voltage is and the wot throddle voltage, the fact it changes is whats important , in auto adjust it records the close'd throddle voltage and the wot voltage as uses that as a base line , the TPS will also work if the voltage goes up or down as the throddle is open'd ,, it just depends on how the ecu reads the voltage as it auto adjusts , it's the amount of change that it uses not the spacific voltage .

most systems use the low to high as a way of haveing a standard to use

also if your not planing on runing like 30 + lbs boost a 2bar map will give you more tuneing points on the VE table

then a 3 bar map will

also disable the 02 auto correct when doing fine tuneing of the map table , turn it back on afte your done tuneing

what i did to better understand what the MS table was telling me i use'd some hoses and pressure gauge and took readings at diff pressures, you know like 5 lbs, 10 lbs etc,, this made it easier for this old man to better understand what the meter was telling me

also the map is auto adjusting acording to my MS set up manual,, but i was useing the old MS system 2.25 i beleave , one thing all map sensors need is the shortest hose posible to make the signal changes happen as quick as posible , thats why on MPi set ups the map is normaly mount'd on the intake .

the exact voltage signal is not as important as the amount of change from high vac to the highest boost the engine see's

just like the TPS,, it will work with what ever the idle voltage is and the wot throddle voltage, the fact it changes is whats important , in auto adjust it records the close'd throddle voltage and the wot voltage as uses that as a base line , the TPS will also work if the voltage goes up or down as the throddle is open'd ,, it just depends on how the ecu reads the voltage as it auto adjusts , it's the amount of change that it uses not the spacific voltage .

most systems use the low to high as a way of haveing a standard to use

also if your not planing on runing like 30 + lbs boost a 2bar map will give you more tuneing points on the VE table

then a 3 bar map will

also disable the 02 auto correct when doing fine tuneing of the map table , turn it back on afte your done tuneing

ok thanks, so should I use tps and map and not speed density? Or speed resort is fine for my setup? Found the factory resistor pack of my car can these work ok or do I need to buy new pack of 6 ohm?

i just reread this intire thread and still have no idea if your still runing the tbi or a 4 inj set up ,you will need 1 resistor for each inj use'd , i'd also sugest useing a seperate relay to power them , unless your useing the oem main relay