SHP '88 Durban Maroon Conquest

helrazr70

I have a guy that contacted me by text saying he has the cash for this car in hand right now he just doesn't have a forum account I don't think his number is 443 897 3147 it's urgent and he really wants this car thank you ver much and plz contact him

can u call me again i lost your number

i need to set up a date to meet and pay you

What a FLAKE!!

You sent me texts and called me last night to tell me you want my car.

You called, sent PMs and texts today telling me you were buying my car.

We worked out a deal you could handle and you told me you were coming today. I stayed home today and waited for you.

Today I sent emails to all the interested parties from yeterdays craigslist repost and previous posts and told them the car was sold.

I find out around 4:30 you bought LEPOREs car instead. Figures...

It's your money and you can buy any car you choose--it's just common courtesy to not tie up someone's time and have them run off all the other buyers unless you plan to complete the transaction. With dealings like that I don't see you lasting long around here. The least you could have done was tell me you were buying the other one so I wouldn't sit and wait.

Usually I don't cancel any ads or mark anything as sold until it's gone. The one time I do...

It is for these reasons that the car will most likely never again see the light of day. I have had soooo many people tell me they want it and then flake at the last minute. That is why it's been for sale for so long. I have given too many people too much time.

No more waiting for people...

CAR IS STILL FOR SALE. (until Sunday)

Edited by helrazr70

shame it wont last until the 30th... I really want this car, whole... Cyp

It was about the space more than money. I don't have any room for it and have nowhere else to put it that doesn't cost $$. I have the other car coming on the 27th and had nowhere to put it. I needed some parts but this car was too nice to part out but it was so tempting because I could have doubled what I got out of it by doing so. I really wanted it to go to an enthusiast who will nurse it back to health.

...but a guy that has been asking about it for a while just picked it up and drove it over an hour back to Philly.

It's sold. He is the first guy who didn't flake out on me through all this.

Wow Chris ... I haven't been on the board here for a while, I can't believe all the crap you've been going through. I was just going to offer to store it here at my place if you thought it could make the drive, but I scrolled down and see you just sold it ... so, I'm still on the hunt for a shell. <_< Call me when you get the chance, wondering if you ever went to see the Fiji ... I never heard back from you last week.

Wow Chris ... I haven't been on the board here for a while, I can't believe all the crap you've been going through. I was just going to offer to store it here at my place if you thought it could make the drive, but I scrolled down and see you just sold it ... so, I'm still on the hunt for a shell. <_< Call me when you get the chance, wondering if you ever went to see the Fiji ... I never heard back from you last week.

Work got busy and I spent the last week in Philly doing an automation install.

I didn't get to go see the blue one yet. At his price it's not going anywhere especially with no engine, title, or seats. I will get there eventually just to check out all his goodies and meet him.

I am going Wednesday to pick up another silver one. It's rusty but I am not sure how bad. I will keep you posted.

I had the car on craigslist and have had dozens of tire kickers but nobody has any money. I would have posted it on here but cheap cars aren't even selling well on SQC.

It is a running, driving '88 SHP Durban Maroon car with a sunroof and decently shiny paint--and a good airdam on it! It does not have the SHP wheels anymore though. The last owner kept them.

Sure it has a few common SQ problems like antenna mast won't go all the way down, A/C idler pulley went bad, E-brake handle needs adjustment, etc

I bought it a few weeks ago with the intention of using it as a parts car. It didn't run right and it had a rod tapping. Turns out all it needed was plugs, wires, and rod bearings because #4 had just started tapping. It only has about 38k on a Jasper reman engine too... I have replaced the plugs and wires.

I have lots of receipts for all the work done such as the paint and the Jasper engine.

I just thought that since the car was an easy fix that I would just sell it to someone to restore--but there's no Durban love. :(

Unfortunately, I could part it out for more than what I have been offered for it.

The car is in Reading, PA.

Here are the pics and vids:

Here are a few videos of the car running and a walk around of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexzTYiecoM

Here are some pics:

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss56/helrazr70/88%20Durban%20Maroon%20Conquest/

hi, im interest in this car.please call me at 770-771-3928 travis. thanks

hi, im interest in this car.please call me at 770-771-3928 travis. thanks

Geechee - If you look at post #33, it's sold.

helrazr - Yeah ... I saw the other thread in here of the other one you bought. I assume your looking for parts off it for the your silver. Maybe I'll to come check out that shell when you're done w/ it. I noticed he said it was rusty too, kinda hard to tell from his pics though.

Edited by techboy