Make: Mazda

Model: RX-7

Price: $3500

Mileage: 146500

Color: Black

Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing

Location (US State/Canada/Int): FL

Hey everyone,

I just recently traded my Jeep for this car, and, I do like it, but, its not exactly what I want. I figured I'd put it here just in case someone's looking for a RX7. But, basically, I found a car I want more...lol Not going to say what it is because I'm sure I'll get flamed for it, but, the RX-7 needs to go to fund it.

The good -

Florida car, no rust anywhere

Runs excellent (just did 200 miles of 90+ mph highway driving and it loved it)

All stock minus aftermarket exhaust (deep sounding, sounds great) and a K&N drop in filter

Just an all around nice car, can tell it was taken care of

A/C works, just needs a can of freon (will probably end up doing that)

brakes look very new

Duckbill spoiler (just installed)

Also has a perfect boot cover

The bad -

Driver seat is pretty ugly

CD/Cass don't work (yet works on the bench with power put to it?)

Heater doesn't work

and theres some dings/dents in it and it could use a repaint

I have a red passenger's fender to replace the dented one with, just install it when its painted...haha

But, it is a great car. I've had more compliments on this than my SS/T Ram and my Conquest put together...lol I wish I could keep it, but, my desire has moved on :P

It also comes with an extra set of door panels I got from the junkyard just to have extras. The interior in the car is perfect minus the driver's seat really. Yes...it even has the center vents :P

But, I really can't think of anymore to add. As I said, its all stock with the BBS wheels and Michelin Pilots all the way around. It corners like a dream and rides smooth as silk on the highway. I've put over 1500 miles on it since I've had it and gotten around 20 mpg city if I keep my foot out of it. My 200 miles trip on the highway netted me about 22-24mpg...but, keep in mind, I was traveling at a high rate of fuel consumption...haha

Also, in the glove box from when I got it, there is a receipt for a new radiator, oil cooler, egr cooler (whatever that is), and some other stuff. As I said, it was well taken care of. It also still has the owner's manual in the glove box as well.

If you're interested, you can shoot me an email at strang3majik@live.com if you want more pictures or whatever, or you can give me a call anytime after noon at 941-214-0014

I'm asking $3500 but am accepting offers. I'll also tell you everything I can about the car. I don't want to be rooked over the internet, therefore won't do that to someone else. So, if you have a question about it, I'll tell it like it is...haha. Some of you guys here know me and know I'm an honest guy.

Also, I'd put this car right in the same bracket as the Quest. It handles better which makes up for the lack of get up and go. So...really, I don't know which I liked better :P The tire spinning fury of the Quest was fun, though...haha. But, then again, so is the corner hugging, go kart feel this car has...idk...lol

But, here's some pictures from about a week or two ago. I'll get some interior ones tomorrow in the daylight.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07103.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07112.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07139.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07062.jpg

Here's some more pictures I took yesterday along with some interior shots (and the ugly driver's seat :/ ). So, picture bump. :)

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07219.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07200.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07230.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07211.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07209.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC07208.jpg

Rotary <3

If this was turbo I would be all over it.

GLWS

the verts didnt come in turbo lol

i miss mine, i had a auto white vert, 87, OMP was going bad so i sold it to a local cheap, had alot of rust to come to find out

GLWS, i miss rotary lol

the verts didnt come in turbo lol

i miss mine, i had a auto white vert, 87, OMP was going bad so i sold it to a local cheap, had alot of rust to come to find out

GLWS, i miss rotary lol

I know lol. Only the Turbo II's did, and they were all hard top.

Nothin like screaming a car up to 9k rpm.

Thanks again guys.

It is a lot of fun...I'm sure a turbo swap would make it loads more fun, but, as is, its n/a :/

And...I don't know about 9k...after owning the Quest, I take redlines seriously...when this one beeps at me I shift...lol

But...bumpity bump :)

Thanks again guys.

It is a lot of fun...I'm sure a turbo swap would make it loads more fun, but, as is, its n/a :/

And...I don't know about 9k...after owning the Quest, I take redlines seriously...when this one beeps at me I shift...lol

But...bumpity bump :)

no worrys on rotary, i had a auto and shifted it at 9k, red line was 7500 on the autos for some reason, im thinking the trans couldnt take it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for a clean 7.

Just some interesting factoids:

In japan, ALL FC's were turbocharged (verts included). They never had a nonturbo model, just varying degree's of interior and suspension trim.

A automatic car is more likely to die an early death than a 5speed.

Rotaries <3 being redlined, there's no real harm in pushing past redline unless you are holding it forever, if the cooling system is up for it by all means. IIRC the 4 rotor 787B leman's car was rev limited to 9k rpm for reliability for the endurance race, car made great power, their were reports that after the race the motor was removed and 'uncorked' and allowed to rev to 12k rpms, resulting in an additional 3~400 hp. However, if a rotary is not redlined, which is the case in any of the slush boxes, the engine builds up carbon, which is normally burned off with a few good redlinings. This is a fact, there are documented cases of 3rd gen's being bought with <60k miles and supposedly 'babied its entire life and never abused' and the engines were so caked in carbon that they would 'pop' when finally redlined (loosening carbon in lare chunks which would stick seals or break them.)

Verts are heavy. But handle every inch as well as a coupe, mostly so from being equipped with turbo equivalent brakes and suspension (IIRC the rear's are actually stiffer than a T2).

The drivers seat looks fairly typical of most rx7's in general, a bit rougher than most, but considering it is a vert i'd be more interested to know if the headrest speakers work.

As for the stereo not working in car, but working on the bench, that could be either a bad dash fuse, bad ground (usually an aftermarket headunit will be the tell tale sign of that if the new headunit works), a loose wire at the fuseblock, or possibly the wire is broken elsewhere for power/ground. Though the unbroken stereo surround is a big plus, most 86-88's have either missing or broken surrounds/vents, including the demisters...which your's still retains as well....

damned clean aside from the seat and fender overall. Though any underhood shots to see if anythings been rigged/upgraded?

A lot of interesting info there...lol

But, the headrest speakers actually do work and sound great. And, I'll post a pic of under the hood. Everything appears stock down to the smog pump thats still on it. All thats done that I can tell is aftermarket exhaust (might just be a muffler) and a K&N drop in filter.

And, the AM/FM stereo works great, just the CD and Cass deck don't do anything. So, I guess its getting power as everything travels through the bottom AM/FM deck.

But, I'll get an underhood shot. And, the T2 brakes and stiffer suspension explains a lot. This car stops VERY well. It'll drop from 100-0 what seems almost instant. And, as I said before...its like driving a go-kart with the top down...lol

Actually those mufflers look very much stock or at the 'least' a pace setter Y-pipe and mufflers, though only way to know is to look under the car and check for tell tale welds, my project has all stock exhaust...Good to see the oem boot cover is intact too, those are usually misplaced on most verts these days and fetch a pretty penny, same with a set of good condition BBS's with centers, gotta love rims that weigh in at just a smidge over 10 pounds without tire.

Jwrape- for the price he's askin its a good deal, a reskin of the seats, aftermarket headunit, and a fender respray and its set. My last running rx7 I owned for 5 years, she treated me good, and even thoroughly abusing the car (Adding an SAFC and tuning fuel OUT of the maps) I got 20~23 mpg with a severe lead foot (1st thru 3rd gear redlining at every interstate onramp, which in a nonturbo top of 3rd is 90ish depending on if you dip past the buzzer.) Only thing you would want her to keep an eye on is coolant temps and have the oil changed EVERY 3k miles, and maybe have the injectors sent out for cleaning/flow matching (Older rotaries tend to 'flood' out which is easily 'temp' fixed with a switch to kill the fuel pump when you shut the car down, or to pull the ecu underhood fuses and deflood it, though the switch is always nice). Honestly I dont know many 'verts' that will get better fuel eco, unless they are LS1 powered...

Also to add~ The 86-88 rx7's are alot more 'mod' friendly in nonturbo form than the 89-91's due to having more 'mechanical' parts that the ecu doesnt care about. IE: the emissions can be junked and vac lines simplified to 1 16" long vac line for the FPR, another 12~18" long line that runs from the intake manifolds to the 'pressure' sensor, and you 'could' also remove the OMP system provided you then ran premix to make up for the lost lubrication. On a S5 car all of the emissions are tied into the VDI (variable dynamic intake) and would require some fun rigging to keep those working right along with the 5th and 6th aux. ports for the intake, and if the omp was removed then the ecu begins throwing the car into limp mode, the S4's dont even know what 'limp' means.

Edited by InvolvedRotary

Actually those mufflers look very much stock or at the 'least' a pace setter Y-pipe and mufflers, though only way to know is to look under the car and check for tell tale welds, my project has all stock exhaust...

Jwrape- for the price he's askin its a good deal, a reskin of the seats, aftermarket headunit, and a fender respray and its set. My last running rx7 I owned for 5 years, she treated me good, and even thoroughly abusing the car (Adding an SAFC and tuning fuel OUT of the maps) I got 20~23 mpg with a severe lead foot (1st thru 3rd gear redlining at every interstate onramp, which in a nonturbo top of 3rd is 90ish depending on if you dip past the buzzer.) Only thing you would want her to keep an eye on is coolant temps and have the oil changed EVERY 3k miles, and maybe have the injectors sent out for cleaning/flow matching (Older rotaries tend to 'flood' out which is easily 'temp' fixed with a switch to kill the fuel pump when you shut the car down, or to pull the ecu underhood fuses and deflood it, though the switch is always nice). Honestly I dont know many 'verts' that will get better fuel eco, unless they are LS1 powered...

Yea, mostly my wife was wanting a Miata, but the Rx was another option.