Need Transmission parts

QuadCites

I might still have some parts left from my broken 87 trans up in IL. The reverse arm broke and got lodged in there stopping it up. Everything else is good. LMK if that's what you'd be looking for. Edited by mstieg

Prolly be better off buying a good used trans. Cheaper definately.

Where are you lcoated?

If your close to ohio, toledo to be specific. Ive got an 88 parts car with a good trans ill let go on Teh Cheap.

Just an FYI!

Good luck.

I'm in Illinois - Near Moline. I'd be interested in the parts or the used transmission.

The previous owner said they installed a Stage III Bronze clutch. I assume that's a performance upgrage, so I don't know if I should just put in a used or fix the existing. Thoughts?

Jamie

I agree with Corey, unless you want the security of a rebuilt trans for more money. I just saw that yours is an 89, and well, my broke tranny's an 87 with slightly diff. innards.

There were several cars being parted out recently in the for sale forum. I'm sure you can track one down if not getting Corey's. Good luck.

It's at my dad's shop in South Rockford, which is about 2 hours from you. The case is junk but the guts should all be there. Local pickup preferred, but I could have it shipped...not sure if that'd be cheaper than gas $ & time tho. Lmk what you need exactly or if you just want all the internals.

Have the entire main shaft with all gears, the 4 cluster gear setup, tailhousing, shifter housing, rear half of the case with some parts in it. I'll give you everything for $20 +ship if you go that route. Honestly I'd give it to you free, but would like to toss a few to my dad for the hassle of keeping all that around for a few years. Just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still needing the tranny parts? Do you know which ones, or just want everything?

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. Looks like all they needed was a syncro kit and a mount.

Hang on to those parts though, they'll be there weight in gold one day.

Thanks,

Jamie