unknown cam

star240z

so i got my head rebuilt by scotty dont and he pointed out that i have some random cam that i have no clue what it is! its an amc with Hydraulic lifter. cam has "ep 107" "d1" ("cwc" with a purple marking) "A30" with a green/blue marking. i have pictures of it but can't get them to work. i can email them to someone if you can ost them. Any help is appreciated

Just sounds like a random aftermarket cam to me. Those painted on and cast in characters have no meaning except to the one that cast them then someone else ground them and painted on some more characters. Whether its mechanical or hydraulic you'd have to measure the lobe height. Reground cams have different numbers engraved into the END of the cam. These weren't on the end were they?

Here's the stock specs:

http://www.b2600turbo.com/stock_camshaft_id.htm

so i got my head rebuilt by scotty dont and he pointed out that i have some random cam that i have no clue what it is! its an amc with Hydraulic lifter. cam has "ep 107" "d1" ("cwc" with a purple marking) "A30" with a green/blue marking. i have pictures of it but can't get them to work. i can email them to someone if you can ost them. Any help is appreciated

That is a camshaft made by EPC. It is a mechanical stock replacement camshaft. Can you double check the A30 casting? It is most likely an A20 which has an .020 oversize journals. They made a A20, and A40, but not a A30. A30 would be .030 oversize journals.

That is a camshaft made by EPC. It is a mechanical stock replacement camshaft. Can you double check the A30 casting? It is most likely an A20 which has an .020 oversize journals. They made a A20, and A40, but not a A30. A30 would be .030 oversize journals.

Checked it and it is a A30.

• 2 months later...

Just found out I have the exact same cam in my car. I believe it needs to be replaced. It is quite jagged on the edges of #3 and #4. Was this cam any good? I have no Idea who EPC is. The cam was installed used years ago. Any suggestions on a proper performance replacement?

Thanks

Is it oversized journals? That cam was sold under different names, Federal Mogul, Clevite and it could have been a core for a regrind too. I've sent TimC some cores for cams and some were good used cams and some were new ones. Any markings on either end? Could just be a stock replacement.

Just found out I have the exact same cam in my car. I believe it needs to be replaced. It is quite jagged on the edges of #3 and #4. Was this cam any good? I have no Idea who EPC is. The cam was installed used years ago. Any suggestions on a proper performance replacement?

Thanks

Do the lobes look like these?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119861&st=0&p=1164483&fromsearch=1entry1164483

Can you mic the journals, base circle and lobe height? We can get a pretty good ideal if it is stock or not from that info.