88 engine, built w JE pistons, 1000 cash

scotty

This motor was in a car i bought , had a 3700 receipt for all the work that was done, its been pulled and shelved for gosh 4-5 years now . its a long block had and motor only

I can install it for 650 + any hoses and parts that would be used to make it happen ,

I will guarantee this is a run and drive motor, I would prefer to install it so I dont have to deal with the crying if you dont get it right .

Shipping will be 1-300 im guessing . I need to helicoil 1-2 exh manifold studs .

this engine has maybe 35K on it and ran well . I personally bought the car put another stock engine in it and sold it just to get this motor.

Not a big deal either way as I know I will need it one day , but thought while times are tough to liquidate some things that could make a difference money wise .

I wont be answering a ton of questions.

I personally saw the receipt for over 37-- with motor studs pistons a ton of work etc/having no intentions of reselling the engine have misplaced the documentation , I am still in contact with Aaron Wilson the original owner of the car/motor if you absolutley dont believe me maybe you will him .

I know it has a 284/hydraulic cam for reliability as Aaron didnt want to adjust Valves all the time.

PM me I can promise you I read very little on these boards anymore, have bigger faster fish to fry .

This is a great deal you cant build one for 2x as much these days .

that is true. it takes a lot to build a good motor these day. as i have over 6 grand in to my motor internals. and je pistons i love them.

but the people here are going to need to know what was done with the rods.doesent do any good with out something to hold it all together.

well it ran in a car for 0ver 25k , w a 16G and auto trans behind it , so I would call it good, and the previous owner is a solid cat in his late 40's not some skipjack Johnny-drift-lately who was bouncing off the rev limiter like a kid who drank a large root beer and got inside a mcdonalds playland.

I can assist with the installation if anyone needs to be made a believer.

This motor was in a car i bought , had a 3700 receipt for all the work that was done, its been pulled and shelved for gosh 4-5 years now . its a long block had and motor only

I can install it for 650 + any hoses and parts that would be used to make it happen ,

I will guarantee this is a run and drive motor, I would prefer to install it so I dont have to deal with the crying if you dont get it right .

Shipping will be 1-300 im guessing . I need to helicoil 1-2 exh manifold studs .

this engine has maybe 35K on it and ran well . I personally bought the car put another stock engine in it and sold it just to get this motor.

Not a big deal either way as I know I will need it one day , but thought while times are tough to liquidate some things that could make a difference money wise .

I personally saw the receipt for over 37-- with motor studs pistons a ton of work etc/having no intentions of reselling the engine have misplaced the documentation , I am still in contact with Aaron Wilson the original owner of the car/motor if you absolutley dont believe me maybe you will him .

I know it has a 284/hydraulic cam for reliability as Aaron didnt want to adjust Valves all the time.

PM me I can promise you I read very little on these boards anymore, have bigger faster fish to fry .

I would realy like this engine I got my conquest from a junk yard and found out today that there are holes in my block by pistons 2 and 3 can I get your number and talk to you about the motor

I would think the engine would cost 200 to ship, from what I have seen on other items as heavy/ west coast people will pay more for shipping its pretty simple. so Count on 2-300 max for shipping . If anyone has a better deal on shipping let me know as I would gladly take it to a shipper in richmond VA on a pallet .

well it ran in a car for 0ver 25k , w a 16G and auto trans behind it , so I would call it good, and the previous owner is a solid cat in his late 40's not some skipjack Johnny-drift-lately who was bouncing off the rev limiter like a kid who drank a large root beer and got inside a mcdonalds playland.

I can assist with the installation if anyone needs to be made a believer.

What a great answer, LMAO!

http://www.26liter.u...05/IMAG0134.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/IMAG0135.jpg

There are a couple of other pics in that gallery of the JE's I drained the oil from this engine and removed the pan , there are no chips of metal or evidence of any bearing loss or pickup full of debris etc.

The car was an automatic, I tried to sell it for over a year when he left for California and could not take 4 cars . I drove it periodically an never was impressed with the speed of it due to the 12 psi , but bought the car from him and installed a stock motor and broke even , I have not needed this engine, and although id love to keep it I am currently building a GM V8 and can use the loot .

I rin the 16 G on my truck ( the one that was on this motor) with stock bottom end @ like 17 psi for 3 years now without issues .

any shipping will have to be to a commercial address only I need full addresses people not zips , thanks .

Edited by scotty

Is the motor still Avaliable? Im intrested but would like some more info, is the balance shafts still in it, have the rods been worked or replaced, is it bored over what are the piston sizes, is that a aftermarket head, does it have valve jets any porting heavt duty springs oversized valves (SS) whats the compression? I live in southern Md so pick up would be no problem. anymore info would be great

Is the motor still Avaliable? Im intrested but would like some more info, is the balance shafts still in it, have the rods been worked or replaced, is it bored over what are the piston sizes, is that a aftermarket head, does it have valve jets any porting heavt duty springs oversized valves (SS) whats the compression? I live in southern Md so pick up would be no problem. anymore info would be great

Not much more info, i Know I had a 3800 receipt that mentioned all the machining, having at the time 3-4 years ago never cosidered selling the engine, I believe the recipt was still in the glove box( car was sold) . so Unless you bring a gasket set and machinist tools you may never know .

That car also had a rebuilt auto trans , w a 2600+ receipt which I am thinking the buyer in Long island got when they drove it home.

I doubt it has a marnal head w double valve srpings etc , but the rods all have to be bushed to take JE floating pins to my recollection .

Again I never intended to sell this engine so keeping a lot of info so some kid on the net could talk his parents into buying it for him was not on my agenda.

JE were over $450 just for the pistons in the day , 1000 bux for a running engine for these piles is not a lot of money , take it from a guy who usually spends 700 just re-ringing a stocker to run right by the time gaskets and crank and timing /bearing parts are dealt with .

Come take it apart. if you remove the head I will need 60 to have it replaned should you decide not to buy it .

Im very close to selling a civic today and may keep the engine, which now needs an oilpan gasket because someone didnt beleive it had JE's in it .

• 1 month later...