rough idle

rcm

Well i have done alot to the car as most of you know and been running it some just around my place.Noticed the

idle when cold is a little rougher and now when i press on the brakes it gets worse and let up

and it will get a little better.Is it possible the brake booster is loosing vacuum gradually getting

worse and making it run rougher?

Well i have done alot to the car as most of you know and been running it some just around my place.Noticed the

idle when cold is a little rougher and now when i press on the brakes it gets worse and let up

and it will get a little better.Is it possible the brake booster is loosing vacuum gradually getting

worse and making it run rougher?

The brake booster can leak vaccuum. Simplest way to test is to disconnect the hose between the 1-way valve and the booster. It should store vac even when not running, so if you pull the hose you'll heare it hiss/suck. No noise= test it.

another way is get in the car, press the brakes until they arew rock solid, hold the pedal and start the car, it should get softer. If your brakes were already hard before you started, then the booster didn't hold vacuum. If it doesn't get soft when you start it, then it isn't doing anything either.

Check the hose where it connects to the manifold. That hose is thick with a softer liner that hardens on the manifold end from the heat over time and it cracks inside that soft part at the end and if you've had it off/on a few times those squeeze clamps won't get it to seal to the barb in the intake. Leaky seal effects those rear cylinders and you press the brake pedal and and its worse. You can take that one hose off, flip it around and put the softer end back on the barb then cut off a short piece where its hardened then put that on the check valve end. It will sort of pull the bends out of it but if you did eliminate the ABS you can do the same, flip the hose and rearrange them and get rid of that end of the hose that is hardened.

Well i already replaced hose to manifold because it was rotten on that end.This was a couple of months

ago.I just recently noticed a little rough idle more since i started pressing the brakes,and now if i hold

the pedal down you can tell it runs rougher.If i unplug it from the booster and block off end ,then start the car

if it runs better wouldnt that tell me the same thing its bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it seems the booster may be ok i had a vacuum line come loose from bottom of tb,but it still seems to me

it idles a little rough cold and gets somewhat better when up to temp.It does have the solid cam but dont know the

lift or duration.They are set at .006 and .010 .I still was thinking maybe the delphis have a different spray pattern?I have a one wire 02 and a

2.5 inch exhaustwith no precat.

have you tried doing the tps/isc reset precedure? cold they will run i bit different than when warm. are you sure all ur temp sensors are good? temp sensor tell the ecu engine temp so it knows when to lean or ritchen fuel under hot/cold conditions. O2 sensor good? thats another determaning factor in fuel management. how is your engine timing? have you checked for any other vacum leaks? was the car originally built with mechanical rockers? are you running factory cam? i had an idle issue with mine, wound up being the schinder POS i installed, 284H cam.

already did tps reset ,idles at 900 rpms,new cts,timing 10 btdc,All vacuum hoses replaced.My post of

12 pages has covered all of this back a few months ago when injectors flooding.