89 conquest complete motor/trans 52k original miles, SC

picked up an 89 conquest tsi that was sitting in a barn for 8 years from having a locked up turbo. Motor and auto trans are in good shape. top end looked spotless. water lines were nasty from sitting so long but I have all the parts that come on that car from the factory. I am getting rid of it to do a SBF swap. Odometer has 52k miles, and it definitely shows, other than sitting for that long.

I hate to be a party pooper, but that engine will be no good after 8 years og sitting. Chances are, itd gonna br corroded from within, coolant/ water will corrode freeze plugs, water pump, and areas where it meets headgasket. The moment it gets turned on, expect over heating and leaks. Not to mention super dry bearings and possibly frozen rings.

I hate to be a party pooper, but that engine will be no good after 8 years og sitting. Chances are, itd gonna br corroded from within, coolant/ water will corrode freeze plugs, water pump, and areas where it meets headgasket. The moment it gets turned on, expect over heating and leaks. Not to mention super dry bearings and possibly frozen rings.

th guy i got it from added oil and fired it up for me. I just unhooked the turbo plumbing before hand, and it ran.

Maybe but stranger things have happened! Letting a car sit for more than a year or so always brings up the wildcards.

Cheers,

Slim Jim