lights no power

STOCKQUEST

driving home last night, my headlights and parking lights went out. After fiddling with the fuses under the dash and pretty much replacing all of them as well as the fusible links by the battery, I still was unable to get the lights back on. I resorted to running a wire from the positive battery post to the left corner light which allowed for my headlights and parking lights to finally turn on. I was able to drive this way until i arrived home. Even now, i am still scratching my head wondering if I had overlooked anything. any help would be appreciated.

If you're certain your links are good, check their connections underneath. The boxes they plug into plug into the main harness, those connections sometimes corrode or overheat and go south. If after that still nothing, you might just need to clean the contacts in the switch. This is the hazard side but the HL side is comparable...

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1045&sid=4ae9c262fe877d5a3d59cf5132aafef0