Altidue sensor

Cloud81918

I have an 86, and the p-owner broke the solenoid and hooked the MAP straight to the throttlebody. The car is running like crap and I don't know why, but this may be the culprit. I need a new one.

*Grrr sorry altitude.

Where is it broke ?

If one of the ports has snapped off you can get small brass tubing from a hobby or hardware store.

use a small drill bit and carefully drill out the broken port with out going too deep, cut the brass tube to size,

and insert into the broken port, making sure the port is clear of any debris.

use a little 5 min epoxy and your good to go.

It's common to break a port while removing an old vacuum line that has been fossilized on.

It s best to cut the vacuum line instead of testing the strength of the plastic port.

The MAP sensors are out there you might have to be patent for some one to offer up one.

You can use on of the solenoids off the throttle body for the EGR system. It has a yellow paint dot marking it, with three ports, just like the original one.

Thanks to couth, we have some pictures of it:

Did you make sure the solenoid valve next to the pressure sensor is good? I had similar problems and here is my solution.

The old valve was dead ( I put 12v on it and it did not click).You can put your finger on the valve while the car is at idle to feel it click on/off every so often.My '86 ran like crap, kinda like what you discribe....so I decided to use the valve that was use for the emission control stuff.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8836/11258637.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6207/dscf00801272096.jpg

Now my car run like a champ.

-Robert