wii games, are there other compaitible games you can use?

AutoBodyGod

We have just about every game console out now, and I broke down and bought a wii for my 5 year old daughter. I hardly ever play these games unless it's autosports related and my attention span is still short when it comes to playing these video games. Basically what I need to know is.......can you use Xbox games or playstation games in the wii console? I don't wanna buy a ton of games for the wii unless I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Mike

The only thing that you can buy various system's games for is the XBox 360 and the PS3. The PS3 will play both PS3 and PS1 games and if you're lucky enough to have one of the FIRST PS3's it will also play PS2. There's a long explanation as to why new ones don't play PS2 games dealing with copyrights to hardware and whatnot.

The XBox 360 will also play original XBox games as long as you are online and able to download the updates to make them compatible.

The Wii also plays GameCube games BUT you will have to purchase the GameCube controllers (wired) and plug them into the top of the Wii to play GameCube games.

So each system will play other system games but only in that same manufacturer (Nintendo plays Nintendo games but not XBox or PS games etc.).

You can play Gamecube games on the Wii, or download some of the more classic games. GC games will require the gamecube controller - but most Wii gamers prefer using them anyways.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS! Best fighting game out there for that system ( Super Smash Bros was N64, Super Smash Bros Melee was GC and Super Smash Bros Brawl is Wii )

Backwards compatibility FTW. It's still proprietary hardware though. Emulators are cool, if you're into hacking your systems.

My niece loves the Wii, she's 7 now. Wii Sports Resort is definitely one of her favs. It's got a lot of different activities to do, so you don't have to buy a ton of different games to keep them entertained. It's definitely the one to get.

-Robert

Edited by Komeuppance

Ah I'm a big fan of the new Mario Brothers. Up to 4 players simultaneously AND it allows people to drop in and out at will. I play that for 6-8 hours straight at a time. Still haven't beaten the blasted thing though. Finished the 8 worlds just haven't unlocked all the special stages in the 9th world. Working on it though.