TPS and MAS UNPLUGGED

JayR_NYC

I WAS TOLD BY A GUY WHO HAS A FIJI QUEST...THAT THERES ANOTHER WAY OF RESETTING THE TPS OR ANY ERROR CODE PROBLEM...4 ME IS THE IDLE PROBLEM...WHEN ITS COLD IT RUNS GREAT...GETS WARMED UP...IDLE GOES DOWN AND WANTS 2 TURN OFF WHEN IM AT RED LITE or SLOWING DOWN...NEED 2 PRESS THE GAS TO AVOID IT FROM TURNING OFF and MAKING A CHOKING SOUND...

BACK 2 THE RESET...HAVE THE CAR ON...UNPLUG TPS AND THE CAR SHOULD TURN OFF..AND IF THE WHEN THE CAR TURNS OFF...TURN THE IGNITION OFF...UNPLUG THE BATTERY...TAP THE BATTERY TERMINALS 4 A FEW SECONDS JUST 2 SEND A LITTLE BIT A POWER 2 THE ECU...LIKE A SHOCK 2 THE ECU...AND IT SHOULD SO CALL RESET THE TPS...

SO I TRIED THAT...MY CAR NEVER TURN OFF...I TURN THE CAR OFF...I PLUGGED THE TPS BACK ON...TURN THE CAR ON...DID IT AGAIN...PLUS UNPLUGGED THE MAS...WHEN UNPLUGGING THE MAS...IT STARTED 2 CHOKE...THEN IT TURNED OFF... IT REALLY DIDNT MAKE SENSE...WHY WITH UNPLUGGING THE TPS DIDNT DIE OUT...BUT UNPLUGGING THE MAS...IT DIED OUT or TRIED DYING OUT...

CLUELESS...

first off you don't unplug anything with the battery still connected, not even to mention with the car running, secondly the unplugging the MAS only works on 86 and older cars, but once again, you don't do that with the car running nor the battery plugged in. There are a few threads on here that you can find if you use the search option that explain how to reset a TPS, none of which sound anything like what this person told you.

resetting the tps has to do with the position of the tps. It's a resistor on a dial basically. You need to repostition the tps to do a reset. It's not like a computer, turning it off or unplugging it does nothing. The reason the car dies when you unplug the mas is the car is not getting an air signal, ecu doesn't know how much fuel to give.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28069

You will need to go through the procedure numerous times till it makes sense. If the motor position out put voltage does not do what it is supposed to or the nose switch does not work, the reset procedure will not really fix the problem.