Mookeeh Sway Bars install??

I installed the ST bars which are pretty much identical to his.

I had a bit of hard time getting them in. Make sure you use that grease that comes with it! get it all over those bushings otherwise they wont slip in.

I installed the ST bars which are pretty much identical to his.

I had a bit of hard time getting them in. Make sure you use that grease that comes with it! get it all over those bushings otherwise they wont slip in.

I didn't receive any grease with them what kind would you guys suggest?

I purchased longer than stock bolts for the rear. If you can get the bracket into the tab, apply a continuous force on the sway bar towards the front of the car while using a pliers and the longer bolts to pull the bracket into position.

I purchased longer than stock bolts for the rear. If you can get the bracket into the tab, apply a continuous force on the sway bar towards the front of the car while using a pliers and the longer bolts to pull the bracket into position.

thanks ill have to try it!!

• 4 weeks later...
^^What they said. I ended up using a C clamp to clamp the bar in position in the front after ruining the threads and re-tapping them. The only thing that worries me about this install is that when the tires are off the ground the bar rotates up and touches the crank pulley. Not a huge deal but if you ever have to troubleshoot with the car off the ground think again, and if you become airborne...Well...

I just did this today actually.

The bolt holes dont line up because the bushing stretches out. This happens because the new sway bar is a bit beefier then the stocker.

There are many ways to do it, but heres what I did:

1. Install bushings and bottom metal holder onto new sway bar

2. Insert bottom metal holder into vice. Crank the vice so it bends the metal back a bit. Keep doing it in small amount until the bolt holes line up (it doesnt need much trust me)

3. Do the same thing with the top metal piece until it lines up with the bottom one.

4. Do this to both sides, bolt the sway bar up to the chassis, then but the bushings and bolts on that connect to the control arm

Just a little custom fabrication and there ya go they fit right up