Installing adjustable FPR

h3r3tic

I think my Fpr is crapping out. I seen an adjustable one on ebay with a gauge for like 44 dollars. How do you go about setting it up? I kno it goes in the return line but what about the stock Fpr, How do I eliminate that?

you cut the top hat behind where the factory reg is and thread the hole screw in a brass fitting then a line that goes to the regulator i have some saved pics if you need them

If your stock regulator failed then its torn. If it is, when you pull the reference hose off of it, fuel will run out. If no fuel runs out then its not bad.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/misc%20gallery/injmixer.jpg

well no fuel was running out. Could it be a possibly like sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt? I already got a new one and put it on but didnt drive it around enough to see a difference of course it started right up 3 times in a row when I tested. He lived like 2 miles from me so he even came n dropped it off 25 bucks. I mean screw it right. Alot of fuel is getting into that intake somehow, n those injectors are brand new. I mean like I would crank it and the gas would pour out through the downpipe leak I had. I fixed that now. But still I went into wa wa before and came out and it took me almost 2 mins to get it started and it had me thinking it wasnt gonna start this time. It was smoking real rich out the exhaust even while I was cranking before it even sounded like it was firing. Too much fuel is getting into the intake and getting the plugs wet. Would it maybe be wise to like wire up a fuel pump push button so I can just prime it manually when I goto start it?

You have "new" injectors, is the larger one hooked to your secondary wire? Maybe you have them reversed.

but you said they are leaking?

Did you have to drill out your throttlebody in the top to use these things? Just one tiny bit of metal and those will stick and not seat I wonder if that's what is happening as this is coming up almost every week now. Its either that or they are just burning out from not being able to handle the duty cycles of this TBi system as they were intended for a MPI system. What else could it be? Seems many are having leaking issues with them and I've seen them personally here LEAK and the throttlebody wasn't drilled out in the top to use them and I ended up loaning stock injectors to him and he went and bought yet a second set of the things.

Heres how I mounted mine. Most people dont actually mount the FPR on the fuel rail, but I decided to be different. Thanks to Scotty Dont for the idea :D

Before

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/MoltoMario/Conquest%20Tsi/downsized_1001091727.jpg

After

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/MoltoMario/Conquest%20Tsi/DSC_0007-1.jpg

Ok well I found a leak in my fuel line by the tank. What size hose and what fittings are you using and I assume you tapped the fuel rail for fittings what size are they? I play on doing 6an line from the tank to motor. I wanna get a summit hi flow fuel filter and get rid of that stock one.