TPS

TERRY53

while reading voltage at gw wire. only getting one volt. to set tps. does it require to open throttle fully open. to adjust to 4.8 volts. only time getting 5 volts is with throttle fully open.

Okay to talk about the tps...mine actually only reads a max of .44v with throttle at idle position. With wot it shows 4.99v. I am still unclear if this is just from a bad tps or what. 5v is what you are supposed to get at wot and .5v at idle position for TPS.

Okay to talk about the tps...mine actually only reads a max of .44v with throttle at idle position. With wot it shows 4.99v. I am still unclear if this is just from a bad tps or what. 5v is what you are supposed to get at wot and .5v at idle position for TPS.

Was this with the TPS all the way to the right (clockwise)?

Like i said mine turned all the way clockwise only shows .44v and at wot it shows 4.99v

Sounds like you have a bad tps if thats the case. Have you tried a sweep test?

Was this with the TPS all the way to the right (clockwise)?

Like i said mine turned all the way clockwise only shows .44v and at wot it shows 4.99v

Sounds like you have a bad tps if thats the case. Have you tried a sweep test?

ok. found part of the problem. wrong meter. was not reading voltage that low.. thanks.. got it set to 0.50.. .. ran it.. an lost the setting. screw were not tight enough..

thanks terry