Installed cd player..now no dash lights??

Ok today I finally got around to installing my pioneer dvd/cd player in my 89 conquest...I used the conquest wiring found a diagram online and just wired it up without using a 1g harness ect..cd player works great no problems there, but now when I got it in tonight turn the headlights on and no dash lights or climate control lights..when I turn the headlights off I get my climate control back..I know it probably has something to do with the dimmer switch because I did not run that to my new cd player..just curious to get imput to see if thats the problem if so what needs to be done just the dimmer switch wire from the quest harness to the cd player??? if thats the case what is the color on the dimmer wire??? any help at all will be great or advice thanks

if i remember from memory I think it's is the yellow/black wire for the illumination. I don't remember having a dimmer switch for stero unit. Then again i have a 88 starion. oh by the way did you check the fuse for the cabin??? sometimes when you hook up the stereo wires you short wires and blow the fuse. i would check it

Hmmm...listed below is what i remember on the wiring i used when i installed my CD changer after I removed it and installed a indash CD unit.

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire = Red/Black

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire = Blue

Car Radio Illumination Wire = Black/Yellow

I know i didn't use a wire harness as well and i got my stereo to work fine after i installed it. did you have an after market or the stock deck. I'm wondering if someone wired it into the stereo stuff and now you disconnected it? It's wierd they only works when you turn it off...

ok semi updated messed around with the dimmer switch today and Im thinking that may be my problem..when I unplug the dimmer switch and turn on my headlighs the hvac light now stays on..but still no dash lights..from what I have read the dimmer switch is sensitive and when I wired in the new cd player may have shorted it out..

It's the dimmer. Been there, done that. Change it out and it'll be fine.....

But wait. Where did you tap into power in the harness? You may have to rethink that one. If it ties into the lighting at all, for whatever reason, you'r liable to keep wasting dimmers.