fender mods on a flatty

JYNXTA

i got a question...dont know if this has been asked before, but i have a 86 conquest ( flatty ) i like the look but i think the wide look is more of my style....

So my question is....has anyone taken the front fenders off a fatty and put on a flatty, and cut out the rears as well....i love my conquest the way she drives and interior

wise but im feelin the wider look more....just some honest advice to what i wanna do.......thanks

yes, it's been done...

... In Australia, where widebodies were never sold, to be honest and blunt, it would be less trouble to just buy a widebody and be done with it, and sell the flatty to someone who wants its

Edited by D_Venable

A body shop will want a good $5k to weld on fatty 1/4 panels, install fatty fenders, airdam and rocker skirts, and paint the whole car. If you're close to TX, I can do the whole thing for right around $2500, maybe a little more if I can't find donor 1/4's for a fairly good price.

Of course, if your flatty is nice, you could sell it and add $2500 to that cash and probably buy a pretty nice fatty.

yeah that is kinda up there in cost....i do regular paint and minor body work but never welded before....my flatty is in koo shape just wanted the wide look...what r u thoughts about mo.ded fender flares...

You could mold something cuatom in with fiberglass, but then you may have to worry about cracking. Personally, I'd just fab up custom flares out of sheet steel, but I know how to weld and do body fabrication.

koo, so would u be able to fab somethin up and ship to me....i kan get them welded where im at, or do u have to make em right onto the kar

I really wouldn't feel comfortable puting my name on some custom one-off pieces like that without having the final installation done by myself. If I made some custom flares that needed to be welded in, and your shop butchered up the job, that would make me look bad. Besides, I don't have a flatty here to mock the stuff up on anyway. Sorry. Eventually when I get a flatty to mock stuff up off of, I'd like to produce some body kit pieces to make molds out of and sell parts from. That's a ways down the road tho.