'88 Fiji blue Conquest, 24k original miles, showroom condition

smashbar

Hey guys - My father is contemplating selling his Conquest. It's an '88, Fiji blue with only 24k original miles. The car looks brand new inside and out. Dark grey cloth interior looks brand new and even still smells brand new. Even the 'red' guages are still red, not orange and faded as most - because the car has always been garage kept and covered. Completely original and in showroom condition. The only imperfection is a slight scuff behind the front license plate mounting point (I think he still has the plate-mount which covers it), and a barely-perceptible touch-up on the very nose of the lower air-dam. Everything works as it should and the car fires up and drives like new too. This is a very special car in exceptional condition. I owned one of these with 12k miles in the past (see my thread in the 'Showroom' forum), and this car outshines mine in every department. Here is a link to an old thread if you'd like to see pictures: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71687&st=0

My father is getting older now and he's swamped with post-retirement projects (restoring 2 Jag XKE's, gutting 2 condo units, etc.) and he has little time to appreciate this beauty. It stays in storage and is fired up and driven every couple of weeks to keep things fresh. Let me know if you have any interest or have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you. He is asking $12,900. My father's not computer savvy, so I thought we'd offer it to you real starquest enthusiasts before it goes up on autotrader in the spring. It's probably the nicest one you'll ever see. Thanks--

WOW!!! Beautiful car buddy!!! If your father is asking $12,900 for this car that has 24K, I wonder how much you payed for your new Conquest with only 12K?????

WOW!!! Beautiful car buddy!!! If your father is asking $12,900 for this car that has 24K, I wonder how much you payed for your new Conquest with only 12K?????

Thanks :) As you can imagine, it wasn't cheap. Belive it or not, clean, unmolested cars like this are actually worth something. You just don't see them every day. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Thanks :) As you can imagine, it wasn't cheap. Belive it or not, clean, unmolested cars like this are actually worth something. You just don't see them every day. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Since you said your father and you spend quite some time locating these jewels in perfect condition...is there anyway that you guys can help me find one for me? I would consider your father's, but I want a 5 speed manual. Look at my Thread at "ITEMS WANTED" so you know the specifics of what I am looking for. If you can help me, It would be great!!!

Edited by dmdvzla

your better off to get a manual shell. it will never be the same cause the tranny tunnel is wider and the pedals are shifted over. i sat in my buddies thats swapped and it just feels funny. only reason i would ever use and auto shell is for like a t56 6 speed swap so you hae plenty of room

• 2 weeks later...
Hey SMASHBAR!! any luck with the sale? when are you going to post the pics of the conquest you purchased with 12K?? I would love to see that beauty.

Hey SMASHBAR!! any luck with the sale? when are you going to post the pics of the conquest you purchased with 12K?? I would love to see that beauty.

HEY- Still have the car. In fact, it was so nice out last weekend that I took it out of storage and drove it to my place for a little spin.. just to wake her up a bit. It's as close to perfection as you'll find! In total, I put all of 0.4 miles on it ;)

I no longer have the 12k-mile car. If you want to see pictures of it, sift through the first couple of pages of the 'showroom' section and you'll find it.

• 2 months later...
So, did you finally sell this beauty....or are you going to enjoy driving it for the summer? Edited by dmdvzla

• 4 weeks later...
No, the car is not sold, nor have we been actively trying to sell it. I had the privilege driving it around this past weekend... the attention this car gets is wonderful B) For now it stays in a storage unit - if someone was really interested I'm sure we could work something out. Otherwise we'll probably figure out a way to store it more efficiently and keep it.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...