Balance shaft removal

Conquest Sniper

I have an 87 conquest TSI w?56 K actual, I thought it had a slight rod knock but was told that it sounds more like a balance shaft knock

It is also NOT boosting correctly but the turbo bearing are moving freely and I don't believe there is anything wrong with the turbo...ANY IDEAS I CAN CHECK??

PLEASE HELP I love this car and it looks like fresh off the show room floor I just want to get it running like it should and then I will work on Tuerbgo upgrades and head work to add power Thank you

Conquest Sniper

If it is I'd not run the motor any more until you let someone hear it that can tell. It involves dropping the oil pan, pulling off the timing cover and pulling them out to see. Same goes for checking the rod bearings. You can get the pan out but you must remove the two center sway bar bushings and the bar falls down and you can get the pan out. You need to pull the radiator first. It may be knocking from the oil being contaminated with coolant and that's why it wasn't driven then someone changes the oil and sells it quick. Do you see coolant in the oil after the motor is ran? It will look like a chocolate milkshake.