studder problem..

redTSI99

Ok I will try and make this as short and sweet as possible..car is an 89 conquest tsi..the shell has been sitting since 2002..motor was from a donor car that I knew ran great with no issues...

here is the problem.. the car runs great normal driving..starts great..and the idle is perfact may have a little hicup in the idle everyonce in awhile. when I first boosted the car around 3500 rpm it would fall on its face and stumble like crazy..which lead me to my secondary injector.. I stripped the wiring and found a pretty good size knick in one of the wires so re soldered the wires with new injector clips..took the car back out and seems to have help 1000 times better than it was, but around the 3500 rpm mark im still getting a little studder..its like it will hit and then studder for a half second the hit again..I know where the car has sit there is sediment in the tank so I installed an inline puralator filter before the fuel pump and it looks like it has picked up quite a bit of rust ect..just wondering if that small studder could be because of a clogged up fuel system or where to start tracking it down... thanks

test thr retard function of the VA also, not just vacuum test. You'll have to pull the cap off and the rotor and apply pressure to the VA nipple from a mightyvac. You should see the actator PUSH for retard, and PULL for vacuum inside the distributor.