OD slipping under boost

pitboss

this is my first automatic car I'ver ever had, 88 auto quest. It runs great, except for one small issue that has recently krept up. In OD, on cruise out on the highway at high speeds, if you twist the knob to speed up while on CC, it will start to boost like its supposed too. OK fine, but now it continues to boost past 5-8 psi, on up to 15+ and the RPM start to climb quick. Does this mean my tranny is starting to die out on me? Before, I could boost fine in all gears, even OD, but that was without CC engaged. I checked my fluid level at hot idle, and it was a little over the full mark. Could this be causing the slipping? Nice red fluid without bubbles due to having to refill once in awhile from leak.

BTW, supposedly the tranny was taken off just before I bought it 2 years ago and "gone through for inspection". Fluid was drained and replaced (not sure if a filter was replaced if this even has one) and was overfilled a little, so I've always had a small drip from the speedometer cable gold hump part.

Edited by pitboss

• 2 weeks later...
thanks Shelby. Yeah I'm just trying to speed up while on CC and it climbs real high after a couple of seconds of light boost and slips, but I noticed it only does this up to about 3500 rpm and then it catches, or its shifting down into third as its slipping, so I guess everything is ok with the tranny functionally. I didn't know it was bad for the od though. I'll limit the boost it goes into now while in od by not speeding up as long while in CC. I'll just speed up in increments now.