88 widebody turbo project

shinjimae

and i have some questions and problem. the body and interior are in pretty good shape but the previous owner spun bearings and then took the motor apart almost completly. he has half a motor in the bay and a bucket and trunk full of parts he gave us with the car. im not entirely sure that everything to reassemble the motor is there. SO my question is......Where can i get another motor that will bolt to the trans? like another model of car etc.. the head looks to be complete so i can swap the head to another block im sure.....

and if that is not much of an option what is hands down the easiest and cheapest motor to swap into the car. i dont give a damn about speed i just want to be able to drive this beautiful car. ill be posting pictues very soon also ill have some seats for sale in very good condition since ill be goin with some evo 8 seats i have

welcome to the club! post up some pics.

as for a motor. i would just rebuild. A swap is time and money. The 2.6 is a great motor, and can make some good horsepower. as for a motor from another car. you can get them from a 87-89 mighty max/ ram 50. 86 dodge minivan. 87-89 mitsubishi montero/dodge raider. BUT the turbo motor isnt the same as the other 2.6. you could use the blocks and head. but the non turbo blocks dont have oil squirters. some say you dont need them, doesnt really matter too me.

What part of the motor are you missing? rreally only need the block crack,rods. the rest can be found new or used. as for a used bottom end, be one from a trusted member. otherwise you wont be driving your car as much as you wanted.

Make a list of what you have parts wise. then go from there. a member on here but the name of Dad is the man to go to for engine service. He can help you out with any problem motor wise you have

I have 3 motors in my garage and have alot of parts. pm me with parts you need. i would be glad to help you out

JOE