conquest manual to automatic swap

k-dizzle

So let me start i am working on a 1988 chrysler conquest and its a tick but we are swapping it over to a auto.. pretty much have everything that is needed as far as tranny drive shaft shifter speedo cable. etc. but the probalem im running into is that the transmission doesnt fit where the old one came out of so im presuming i need to cut also the bracket for the tranny doesnt line up as well.. so i need some help with anyone who may have any input into doing this a** backward swap..

thanks..

I dont think thats gonna work. tranny tunnel on a manual car is to small for the auto tranny. the rest of the difficulties: Wiring, tranny mount, tranny cooler and lines, pedals, ect. are all do-able, but very time consuming and involved. Not a good idea for a novice mechanic. I will add a link to do the reverse of what you are talking about, so you have an idea what all is involved.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57557

You may just consider trying to trade for an auto car or stay with the 5 speed. Also you should add your location to your profile so folks that are near you may be able to chime in and help you out.

BC_99