14g exhaust wheel and i cant make boost

eviper21

i have a 14g with a chewed up exhaust wheel...

(i guess a jet valve got loose and shot through the exhaust...at least thats what the guy i bought it from said)

should i look for another 14g wheel? or can i swap out a 12a or 14b exhaust wheel for it?

also i cant make any boost over 2-4 lbs

i just rebuilt my motor and i cant make it boost. the timing is set, but im not sure about the TPS/ISC...

it revs smooth all the way to about 3500 then kinda stops..dosnt fall on its face or ping or anything...just wont really go past 3500rpms

im thinking the chewd up exhaust wheel on the turbo is why it wont boost..not sure about the revs...im not trying to bring it to 6000 neways i only got about a mile on the motor (i cant take it on main roads cuz it aint registerd so i been driving down an empty street breaking it in a little)

also my vaccuum lines arnt hooked up .. well not all of them...i got the dizzy and the FPR hooked up.. the other ports are plugged and theres no emmissions stuff on it. so im not sure if this could cause ne problems...

what else...uhh i got some make-shift intake so the accordian hose isnt there so no vaccuum ports off of that are hooked up either...

any suggestions?

CORRECTION ...timing is set right...i just took it out today...i took it up to about 5000...get up there smooth but no boost still.

so it will rev, but it revs slow(er) because of no turbo.

the housing says td05h..or thats what i was told it is. i had to port out my stock 12a exhaust side to fit the 14g wheel....

I think you might be getting a little mixed up here. The 12a and 14G are compressor wheels. 12a was the stock size. Meaning 'intake' side of the turbo. The TD05 and TD05H wheels are the turbine wheels or 'exhaust' side. So, if you are going to use a 12a or a 14G, you won't be boring out the exhaust at all. You'll only have to bore the exhaust if you're going from a TD05 to a TD05H wheel. On the intake side, both the 12a and the 14G will fit the same shaft. BUT, if the turbo was originally a 12a and you want to go to a 14G, then the compressor side cover has to be bored out.

Vinnie

This is about how much you are able to modify parts yourself. If that's not a big deal for you ok if not it might be too much.

The cartridges are the same as far as it bolting on and you can get one with the turbine shaft size that fits your already ported turbine housing. The part that will be different is the compressor housing and how the wastegate actuator is held on. The oil feed, drain and coolant hoses from your old turbo will all bolt on. The turbo won 't have a outlet that lets you put a intercooler hose on like you have now. DSMs use what they call a "J" pipe, its a stubby pipe that makes a bend and it bolts to the housing and may also have the hose barb for the wastegate actuator right there so you won't need the one in your OVCP. You can use either actuator but you may have to bend the arm to re-adjust it. You will need to make a little bracket that uses the mounting holes in the housing that held the actuator so it lines up with holes the actuator has. You'll need snap ring pliers to remove the compressor housing and rotate it where you want it and to get it back on you just need to grind down a little locating pin in the turbine housing or make a new hole in the cartridge and a little dowel pin in the compressor housing. You might find a new TD05H-14G turbo also, then just use the new cartridge, its the same as what you have now.