How Many Ohms Are Your 87/88/89 Mitsu OEM Fuel Injectors Running?

Starfighterpilot

Last year Jimmy gratultously gave me 3 sets of fouled 87/88/89 Mitsu OEM fuel injectors cuz he was cleaning out the last of his Starquest parts out cuz of his physical problems preventing him from working on cars anymore.

Plus I have 2 sets of fouled Mitsu OEM fuel injectors that I've accumulated over the years.

So I've got 5 sets of fouled 87/88/89's and everyone of 'em reads 3.8 to 3.9 Ohms resistance at room temperature (about 700 F). Right now I'm running a set of new Delphi injectors that I got from PQ just before he passed away.

The FSM, Page 14-69 states that the injectors should pull between 2 to 3 Ohms @ 680 F.

So, I have a couple of questions for you guys:

1) If you have a good set of operating 87/88/89 Mitsu fuel injectors pull a set of Ohm readings on 'em when they are at about 700 F and note here on this post what the readings actually are and how your Lady is running.

2) have you ever taken a set of Ohm readings on a dirty set of injectors before you had 'em cleaned? What were the Ohm readings immediately after you had 'em cleaned & flow tested? How did they perform after cleaning if the recorded clean Ohm readings were still greater than 3?

3) Did the fouled injector greater than 3 Ohm readings drop down to less than three Ohms after they were cleaned?

4) If you are running a set of Delphi injectors that are operating well - how many Ohms are they pulling?

I want to send all 5 sets of the dirty injectors out to get 'em cleaned and get them being used in the Starquest community again - but I don't want to spend the money if the injectors won't work correctly if the Ohms are greater than what is the maximum operating Ohm values based upon the info that you guy's provide.

Essentialy what I'm looking for is what the MAX Ohms are while the OEM injectors still perfom "well."

I don't want to sell junk injectors - even though they are clean.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

PS I think that this will be a good FAQ topic.

Ken,

I bench cleaned a handful of stockers (backflushed first). I know I had a couple that were 3.2-3.5 dirty, then 2.9-3.0 after my cleaning. I ran every one of them in the car to verify no leaks or stumbles in performance. I would think a company that has better equipment can make even better improvements. I will never throw any away. I don't believe they are "junk" if leaking externally, until at least after a good cleaning and I still wouldn't discard even then. I always keep a fire extinguisher in the car, regardless. Guys will gobble them up quick when you sell them. I agree this should go into the FAQ

Parker

Is OHM meter zeroed out ??I have some brand new ones from PQ( RIP.) I will check ... using harbor freight VOM free Beeeee ...if I touch terminals of vom it says 2.0 ( u have to minus that off reading to zero out VOM ).....when I test pq injectors (brand new never been used ) they are 4.0 - 2.0 = 2.0 OHMs cheap vom...

I have 6 sets too that need to be cleaned and flow tested....have u looked at rock auto...GB INJECTORS rebuilds yours for 32 bucks ??...haven't tried ,,but I have seen some on e bay for sale 62 bucks EACH and they have been recoated with clear varnish ... they looked good.... OEM injectors....

Edited by markhansenconquest