Found an 85 Technica

I just bought an 89 Conquest TSI and it has some body damage so I am wonding if the following will fit on my car from the 85.

- wiper cowel

- front bumper

- fog lights

- radiator support and inner wheelhouse

any help is appreciated, kinda need to jump on this car quick before it disapears

Thanks

Dave

I just bought an 89 Conquest TSI and it has some body damage so I am wonding if the following will fit on my car from the 85.

- wiper cowel

- front bumper

- fog lights

- radiator support and inner wheelhouse

any help is appreciated, kinda need to jump on this car quick before it disapears

Thanks

Dave

those parts are not the most rare but if a part out post comes up you can get them all and I think Nikofab is doing a group buy on the wiper cowel

The 85 flatty will have a different airdam, but the bumper cover and its frame is interchangable.

I don't think the inner wheelhouse will swap, can somebody verify?

The radiator core support is mostly the same, the only difference I can think of is where the innercooler piping runs through it (or doesn't in the case of the 85). Its easy enough to correct this, you will have to remove the overflow bottle support and maybe massage the opening slightly for the piping.

Edited by MikeMeyerhoff

What's wrong with the technica? That's a less common car, kind of a shame to part it out for common parts.

I agree. The car runs and drives with full digital gages and a loaded interior. The unfortunate thing is that whereI live you can not find a parts car for my conquest

Source it out with members here. I'm sure people would be willing to help out, specially if it means saving a rare flatty.

We are coming into the era where the StarQuest is becoming harder to find and specialty models like a Technica are darn nearly gone for good.

Source out the parts, get them from a correct wide body model. There's guys sitting on wide body cars that are too far gone to restore and are best suited for parts to saving others.

That Technica, in good cosmetic condition will turn lots of heads and may even attract the right buyer.

Give her a paint job. Even a so so paint job will make a world of difference in how you view a car and how others see it as well. It will motivate you more to work on it, restore it and drive it.

That Technica is complete and looks like a straight body. Save it. You won't regret it.