allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:family/ conquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

How can you tell if it's working or not?
"the average man dies at 25 and is buried at 65" Ben Franklin
"Dude, is that a Nissan?"
Don't crush'em, restore'em
Posted Image Latest pic 8/11/11>> Posted Image

#2 scott87star

scott87star

Established Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

If the ECU is throwing the trouble code for the O2 when the engine is fully warmed up then its not.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

#3 allen405

allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ok, thanks. Next question what is the shielding for on the wire that goes all the way into the cab? because some of mine is missing

#4 alp247

alp247

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

allen405, Yeah if you can pull the codes you'll know.  I mean i check mine every morning when i start it since i have a led hooked up.  I check it down the road later and when the light is on and not blinking (single blink)...well then i know it's working.  If it hasn't stop blinking then i know i need to replace it.  If you havne't hooked up a light to where you pull the codes i recommend it.  Saves you time and  you can check for any code that shows up.

#5 DMNDSTAR87

DMNDSTAR87

THERMONUCLEAR WARRIOR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Handguns,Darts,
    Mopars and the NFL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postallen405, on 11 May 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Ok, thanks. Next question what is the shielding for on the wire that goes all the way into the cab? because some of mine is missing
the sheilding keeps out any electrical interference from disturbing the 02 signal to the ECU.U will always pull an 02 code upon startup and once exhaust gets up to temp it will stop pulling the code if ur sensor is good.I tapped of the harness in the glove box and ran a LED and mounted it my dash.That way u can watch the blinks and know whats happening with more than just the 02 sensor.Very simple to do and cheap also--
gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87, 11 May 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Posted Image  Posted Image

87 ESI-r--Ported/Polished Marnal Njv head,ARP studs,JE 040pistons,+1mm S/S valves,H/D valve springs,match ported intake to T/B and head,52mm ported T/B and inj mixer,850cc/1600cc injectors powered by Acceleronics Versafueler,Degreed 274h cam w/adjustable custom camgear,Spearco 3.5" intercooler w/custom  2.25" hardpipes,MSD 2222 RRFPR, HKS Turbo XS bov mounted in I/C pipe,MBC,H/V oil pump,Walbro F/P,HRC TD06 "super" 20G compressor mated with a TD05H 10cm T3 turbine -extrudehoned,stress relieved and matchported exhaust mnfld,Innovative Lc-1 wdbnd,3"GM MAS w/MAF-T,AEM filter,MSD6AL ignition box,Bosch coil,BSE kit,lightened flywheel,TEP race clutch,Tep frontstrut bar,S/S hoses,A/C delete,ABS delete,EGR delete,Cruise delete,battery relocated to trunk,relay relocation,Whiteline bushings all around,MK1 adj. camber plates front/rear,ST lwr springs front/rear,ST swaybars front/rear,slotted rotors front and rear,s/s lines and bla bla bla--

#6 allen405

allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Where do I get a led light with wires on it and how do I hook it up?

#7 DMNDSTAR87

DMNDSTAR87

THERMONUCLEAR WARRIOR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Handguns,Darts,
    Mopars and the NFL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postallen405, on 12 May 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I had an led kickin' around from a car alarm but did need a resistor(positive side) cause  a car alarm led is only rated for like 5 volts---Go see ur local stereo/alarm install guy he probably has a drawer full of unused leds and resistors(ask me how i know ;) )---87 FSM SEC.14-61  14-62. Pull down glovebox--locate the unhooked plug--looking at plug top right wire is the positive(blk-red tracer)bottom left is negative(blk wire)If u do this I highly reccomend soldering where u tap in at the glovebox----here is a pic where I have my wideband and ecu diagnostic leds mounted :D This will allow u to moniter ur O2,SPEED SENSOR,AIRFLOW SENSOR,TPS,ISC/MPS AND COOLANT TEMP SENSOR.Just because u r pulling one of these code does not insure u of a bad part so use the led for a reference to troubleshoot(do not just replace something cause its giving u a code).just to be sure of urself open up the manual and its pretty self explanatory---good luck
gig out
Posted Image

Edited by DMNDSTAR87, 13 May 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image  Posted Image

87 ESI-r--Ported/Polished Marnal Njv head,ARP studs,JE 040pistons,+1mm S/S valves,H/D valve springs,match ported intake to T/B and head,52mm ported T/B and inj mixer,850cc/1600cc injectors powered by Acceleronics Versafueler,Degreed 274h cam w/adjustable custom camgear,Spearco 3.5" intercooler w/custom  2.25" hardpipes,MSD 2222 RRFPR, HKS Turbo XS bov mounted in I/C pipe,MBC,H/V oil pump,Walbro F/P,HRC TD06 "super" 20G compressor mated with a TD05H 10cm T3 turbine -extrudehoned,stress relieved and matchported exhaust mnfld,Innovative Lc-1 wdbnd,3"GM MAS w/MAF-T,AEM filter,MSD6AL ignition box,Bosch coil,BSE kit,lightened flywheel,TEP race clutch,Tep frontstrut bar,S/S hoses,A/C delete,ABS delete,EGR delete,Cruise delete,battery relocated to trunk,relay relocation,Whiteline bushings all around,MK1 adj. camber plates front/rear,ST lwr springs front/rear,ST swaybars front/rear,slotted rotors front and rear,s/s lines and bla bla bla--

#8 toofast

toofast

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postallen405, on 12 May 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

You can get one at radio shack here is the link :) http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062548

#9 allen405

allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Thanks, I picked one up at advance auto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users