3" gm translator

dntbther

i have searched for over and hour cant find the pics of the setting for the 3" gm translator..want to install it today

Every car is different, what one members settings are doesn't mean yours will be the same. Read the manual that came with the MAF Translator and buy a Wideband A/F Gauge. I tried to set my MAF-T with a Narrowband years ago. Burned up a lot of fuel and it still wasn't right. Finally got it set via the Wideband by using their A/F ratios in numbers, not lights. If you look at the instructions in the MAF Translator manual it talks about hz. Well, I want to know about A/F Ratios when setting the dials. The only way to be accurate when it comes to adjusting the dials on your MAF-Translator is with a Wide band.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

cyberquest where do you have yours located? I see guys on here putting theirs all over the place: before the turbo, before the bov, before the fmic, and after the bov, and being a dsm guy I've always put mine after the bov right in-front of the intake mani. I've never seen a dsm'r do it any different. I would imagine that having it in different locations would call for extremely different settings.

mines in the same basic location of the stock mass, the GM mass air was never designed to be a blow thru setup. will it work as one, yes there are members here running them like that. and you are correct having them located in different places will make for a wide range of settings on different cars.

i have setup 3-4 mafts for other members on their cars using the same location of the mass air as mine and they all ran perfect on my settings.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/BlackQuest/car043.jpg

• 4 weeks later...