COPART.com Auto Auction DC Area

Don't know if anyone watches the COPART.com auction. Yellow 89 Conquest in the Washington D.C. area w/90,090 showing on the odometer. Auto tranny. Lot number is: 22843510

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e2s1&lotId=22843510&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Edited by MidMoTSI

Copart usually post 10 pics of the vehicle that is being auctioned as well as what damage is on the vehicle. The car was dirty but as stated before, it may have been a good project car. Don't know how much rust was on the frame rails. Looks like it had a Virginia title. (In Missouri, in most cases, they issue a salvage certificate.)

You can view vehicles at the copart website and the expected auction date.

Edited by MidMoTSI

good luck buying a car from Copart.com. I pick up customer vehicles from Copart facilities every week, there's 5 facilities that I visit on a regular and I can tell you some buyer horror stories.

Put it this way, this past week I picked up a Porsche 911 for a customer who purchased from Copart in Colton CA, the car was sold as a "running driving vehicle". When I picked up the car, it was fork lifted out of their facility, as in they stuck a fork lift under the body of this thing.

That 911 didn't run or drive worth a darn! The customer paid nearly 12K for that thing that was supposed to run and drive according to Copart. As as a seller making claims to the conditions of the vehicle they should be held liable for such lies and bonofied theft. But they're not. They will tell you to FF off once you made your purchase and they got your money.

I see so many auction scams on a daily it aint even funny.

• 3 weeks later...