Help! Won't start

87TSiStock

just started my car tonight can it wouldn't turn over ive replaced valve cover gasket and moved the tps by accident ( might have moved it up or down then re tightened it)... when i turn the key i get a few clicks then it wont do anything at all, battery is pretty drained so i know that is part of it but Im wondering if its the tps? i also found a wire that had been messed with and runs into the distributor on the tb side

Any help on where to start would be fantastic if im vague in description tell me

Well firstly I'd suggest fully charging your battery before doing anything else. It sounds like your battery doesn't have enough juice to turn the motor over. After you fix that you will want to do a tps reset. Look in the FAQs section of the forums and you'll find a step by step guide to doing it.

What was the temp outside when you started it? When its cold outside the car will automatically increase the rpm's temporarily to help warm the car up to operating temps. Let it run for a few minutes and the rpm's should fall as it warms up and sit at 900 rpms when at normal operating temperature.

That depends entirely on you. Since you've never done it before I'd guess a half hour or so? But at the end of the day you should really do it so it doesn't matter how long. Go take a look at the guide.