ebay turbo?

Wow! The price of them Chinese TUURRRRRBOS has really gone down! They must be feeling the crunch as well! I remember buying those a few years back for like $300 range.

No, that will not bolt to a StarQuest. A turbo DSM yes, Eclipse, Talon, Laser etc. They work. Not very well, but they do work. For what it's worth, $180 bucks plus $30 shipping, you can tinker with it and not care if you break it. I've installed a few of those on DSM's, a little laggy compared to the real deal. And they don't last long, it will be a short lived joy.

You can technically take the denter cartridge from those and have the SQ TD05 compressor and exhaust housings machined to fit. But once you grenade it, that's it. And the compressor and exhaust wheels on those are not true TD05H wheels, they're slightly different, a little bigger, just enought so that they are not identical to the MHI turbo and they don't get sued.

those turbos are a HUGE waste on money!!! dont waste your time.. the bearing housing or cartridge, w.e.. will begin to fall apart on you. you will find metal shavings in your oil pan. trust me i know. if you really want one i have an already junk Super 16g you can HAVE! get a new cartridge from a good reliable company and use the housings.. i think thatll work.. not sure..

• 10 months later...

1. Most of those turbos are not even liquid cooled. They are oil cooled only. That should give you a good idea of how long the turbo will last. I suppose if you had a really good oil cooler pre turbo it may last I doubt it though. I just bought a rebuild kit of ebay for my stock td05-12a so I will see how that goes. I also have a stock turbo from an RX7 Turbo II that I may rebuild and install instead.