Is it finally coming home to where it belongs?

Kreal

OK so last year a friend of mine was driving delivering packages and went into a once very-wealthy, but now run down section of an area near me. Homes that were mansions back in the 1960s-70s. He spotted an old 1960s Jaguar sitting behind a fence. Told me about it.

This was a year ago.. I show up to the house the next day and couldn't get to the car due to the gated fence around the driveway, but I knocked on the door and no one answered. A car pulled up at the house next door and I spoke to the elderly man and asked about the car to which he replied - 'Oh you don't want that car, the steering wheel is on the wrong side! ' I replied ' I WANT THAT CAR!! ' He gave me the phone number of the woman.

She is 93 years old, Jamaican. I stopped and she walked out, and through her group of dogs and opened the large gate. She had about 15 key locks on it, and fumbled to get each key right. Then she walked with me over to the car and told me the story. The car was purchased in CA by her son in the 60s, he purchased it from BOB HOPE the commedian/actor. He actually didn't purchase it - he washed and kept it clean and one day Bob said ' it's all yours kid ' and threw him the keys and signed the title to him. He was a huge fan of Bob Hope because he worked for him and created a good friendship and there is documentation with the car.

The car? a 1963 Jaguar 420 LIMOUSINE. With an open-drop entire roof webasto sunroof (leather), and right side steering. With original black CA plates still on it. Bob Hope brought it back from South Africa ! Her son was killed in California and 30 years ago she drove with her now ex-husband there to pick up her son's things and drove the car back.

She last drove the car in 1998 to which she was on the wrong side of the road and hit something which resulted in a wreckless operation ticket and a dent on left (passenger) front door. She parked the car in one of her garages and there it sat. Fast forward.. she pulled it out when a tree fell on the garage and the car sat out in the open when my friend found it.

She told me her price and I paid her for the car. This was over a year ago. I never requested a receipt as I trusted her word. She told me she would find the title and would have this deal done within a week. She lost the title, several times. She is very absent minded and senile. This has been going on nearly a year now and we dealt with her daughter trying to steal the car and title and all kinds of other problems. But, finally after calling her today she informs me she has found the title that was last issued to her and perhaps sometime this weekend early in the day we can complete the deal and I'll bring the car home.

I'm excited. This is the first bit of good news I've heard in a while, I just hope she doesn't lose the title once more between now and the weekend.

Nice...about 10 years ago I worked on and drove the 308 GTS that Tom Selleck drove on magnum pi..a collector has it in Colorado...

Oh yeah look around maybe Bob dropped a lighter or something in there...it could pay for the restoration..

Yes I will post pis for sure ! I'm excited.

Andy, the Road Runner is outside at this time ; ( Although covered.

I see how it is. lol

And for what its worth. it aint no roadrunner with a slant-6 lol From now now please call it a satelite. :)