1986 fuel pump relay location

conquesterd

1986 conquest low fuel pressure so acceleration stall. I've checked the fuel pump and given direct current, it pumps. I believe it must be the fuel pump relay, but I'm not sure of the location. I've looked in all my manuals and diagrams from parts dealers and it's not shown anywhere but is talked about and shown in wiring diagram. So, can someone point me to the right place? Thanks, Conquersterd. Edited by conquesterd

Fuel pump relay is part of the control relay above the ECU. If the pump turns on then its not that relay. The 86 fuel system uses both injectors all the time. If they are even sligthly dirty that makes the car run like crap. They are pretty good sized injectors too so it takes just a little bit to get them to spray poorly and the wrong amount. The termial clips to them get crusty so if you haven't changed those you may want to do that first. Even just removing them and using an ice pick make sure the terminals aren't sloppy just push the folded ends slightly back inward so when the clips go back on they grab the terminal tabs on the injectors. How do you know the pressure is low did you use a gauge? At idle it will only be about 36-38psi. There is a test plug, its a single make spade terminal over behind the air fiter can just beside the cruise actuator. Using a jumper wire, run that over to the positive battery terminal and that activates the pump. You'll hear fuel flowing in the throttlebody. If the car won't start at all and has no spark, your ignitor may be shot they do that frequently on the pre88 cars. Its the black plastic thing behind the coil and it says knock control on it.