Injectors not firing

Zerocool

I'm stumped as to what my problem could be. I replaced fuel pump and all the filters, and before lowering the car I ran the pump for about 30 seconds to fill the lines and check for leaks. All was well so I fired it up and it ran fine. Finish putting the rear back together and get tires on, drop it down, and now it doesn't start. I have spark and I have fuel going to the injectors, but they've lost power somehow. I never touched anything between starting it the first time and attempting to the second. Any ideas?

I'm stumped as to what my problem could be. I replaced fuel pump and all the filters, and before lowering the car I ran the pump for about 30 seconds to fill the lines and check for leaks. All was well so I fired it up and it ran fine. Finish putting the rear back together and get tires on, drop it down, and now it doesn't start. I have spark and I have fuel going to the injectors, but they've lost power somehow. I never touched anything between starting it the first time and attempting to the second. Any ideas?

how did you test the pump? also the injectotrs will not fire with out spark.

It sounds like you forgot to plug something in. What fuel pump are you using?

You heard the pump run but did you by change wire it backwards?

Remove the fuel return hose from the throttle body, put a cup under the nipple -or stick a longer hose on and run that into a gas can which ever you prefer.

Get a piece of wire and touch it to the + battery cable and the other end to the pump test connetor. That test connector is over by the air filter and its right along side the frame rail about back to where the cruise actuator is. Its a single female space terminal and it had a cap on it when it was new to keep it clean. Its next to the two terminal timing connector but you use that to set timiing if you live at high altitude has nothing to do with fuel pump but they are both right next to each other.

The pump should run and fuel should come out that nipple on the throttlebody. If it runs and you get no fuel to come out is the tank empty or very low? Did you prime the pump? You may have to prime it to get it to pick up fuel that first time. Remove the inlet hose, connect another piece of longer hose and pour some fuel in it. Activate the pump for a couple seconds with that test wire so it will suck the fuel up, or if its wires backwards look out :)