DIY Turbo Manifold Kits

mazworx_1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we've got 10 now! Now if anyone has a head they can donate to send to us for us to probe it to make the headflange we are golden. Once that is confirmed, we will need 50% deposit from everyone to get it rolling. Headflanges will be done is a day or 2 here and then the kits will be put together.

do this come precut ready to weld or does the buyer need to cut, fit, calculate,and weld? just i question I am interested but i dont have the means to cut the pipe properly. and i know this is a great deal i just am looking for alittle more info.

I have really been trying to be less negative but this looks like a real rip to me. It was not so bad when it looked like you sent precut pieces and all that needed done was welding. good thing someone asked the question about cutting, it was made to look like that was already done. since you are just sending out a length of material, flanges and a collector just wait until the complaints start rolling in when people cannot do all of what needs done. if people had that kind of skill they would have already made their own. this is a goat rope in the making.

maybe I could sell a diy kit for the rest of the exhaust. it will consist of a bunch of pipe with a few different prebent sections. all the buyer needs to do is cut it, weld it together and weld on hangers (you can use coat hangers if the hangers are to much trouble).

next i will do the muffler. I have some great ideas consisting of some straight sheet metal and some of the left over pipe sections from the diy exhaust.

I guess people missed out where it says its a DIY. Im sorry you guys feel that its not worthy but we have sold tons of these kits for other makes and models. Last time I checked DIY is do it yourself. If you guys want a complete tubular stainless steel manifold, you will pay in the upwards of 700+. If you guys dont like this, then I will let the thread go.

you clearly missed the point. On your first post in this thread you said "Here are some pictures of the diy kits that will be available once everything is squared away."

those are pictures of pre-cut materials so it was a false representation. no one is asking for a premade manifold. if you were to send pre-cut pieces that had not been welded it would still be a DIY kit.

or if you changed the pictures to show what you would actually be shipping and let people make up their mind from that it would be better.

I just don't like the fact that these were misrepresented.

Edited by travs87tsi

I swear some of you on this site are so lost I don't see how you even own a starquest. Look at the pics below..this is exactly how the kit will come to you. I don't see how you guys would be able to weld this but NOT be able to cut it. You must be lazy or retarded. Look at the mocked up manifold and the "pieces" in the kits you can clearly see that the TEE pieces had to be shortened. If mazworx's were to have these all cut and pre fabbed wouldn't it be easy for them to just weld them and then sell them or did non of you even think of that!

Ok we've got 10 now! Now if anyone has a head they can donate to send to us for us to probe it to make the headflange we are golden. Once that is confirmed, we will need 50% deposit from everyone to get it rolling. Headflanges will be done is a day or 2 here and then the kits will be put together.

**** Updated 11/09 1 buyer backed out so we need 1 more ****

Interested Parties

1. Scotty Dont (log) (cancelled)

2. AndyW (tentative)

3. Professor (ramhorn)

4. satty07 (ramhorn)

5. slowquest (ramhorn)

6. casey1 (ramhorn)

7. bosstin87 (ramhorn)

8. sellerfeller (ramhorn)

9. rosengrant826 (ramhorn)

10. alostsoul (ramhorn)

A fellow member of this board, Scotty Dont, asked us to come on here and offer our DIY Turbo Manifold kits. Here is what we need from you guys.

#1We can make the head flanges no problem, if someone is willing to donate a bare cylinder head to us, we can probe it properly and make the head flange.

We try not to mock it up with a gasket as that is not always 100% correct.

#2 Once we have the head probed and ready to make the flanges, we will require at least 10 confirmed buyers for us to make these. If its less than 10, we cannot make it.

Here are some pictures of the diy kits that will be available once everything is squared away. Kit will include

Schedule 10 304ss Elbows and Tees

1/2" T3 flange

1/2" head flange

38mm wastegate flange

Log Style Manifold -159.00 shipped (tentative)

http://mazworx.com/pics/logdiy.JPG

Ramhorn style - 299.00 shipped (tentative) Includes a 4-1 merge collector

http://mazworx.com/pics/ramdiy_1.JPG

Here is one of our kits mocked up ready for final welding

Log Style

http://mazworx.com/pics/fwd_logmani_1.jpg

Ramhorn style

http://mazworx.com/pics/sst_srmani.JPG

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via pm, AOL IM mazworxsales, or email sales@mazworx.com

There is no such thing as "free lunch". I made about 30 of these style manifolds, and even when everything goes right, they take 5+ hours for an equal length, and 4 for a externaly gated log (they rarely go 100% right).

I sometimes make them in batches and cut them all at the same time, even with my experiance and the propper tooling, they never all come out the same and require a little adjustment here and there. My point? Even if he did make all the cuts, they never quite come out right, it's just not possible, uless it's all done by CNC and you follow the directions to a "T".

There is no such thing as an "erector set" version of a performance manifold, you have to do some fabrication. If you aren't up to that, then nothing will suit your needs. Making these is more complicated than it looks, expecialy if you don't want it warped when you are done (of after you use it the first time). If you can't handle that, then please don't buy this guys kit, you will screw it up and blame him for it, and no one wins.

If you look as this:

http://mazworx.com/pics/ramdiy_1.JPG

and don't understand the fabrication required to end up with this:

http://mazworx.com/pics/sst_srmani.JPG

Then you are doomed to fail ...

The value in this kit is that it all comes in one box (no shopping all over the net to piece it together), the nicely crafted collector, and the head flange is included (which is hard to make and rare to find for sale anywhere).

You can piece this stuff together yourself if ou can make your own flanges, but it will cost you. Again, there is no free lunch...

I think its pretty clear cut and dry on the 1st post on what is the "DIY" kit and what it comes with. I included the pictures to show what IT COULD look like once its all said and done. Like stated, if we precut everything, we might as well just make the whole manifold. As far as I have searched,no one has massively produced the exhaust flange but we are willing to do it only at only 10. Most places will charge alot of a one off or will require alot more. We are using the capabilites in house to help the community.

I swear some of you on this site are so lost I don't see how you even own a starquest. Look at the pics below..this is exactly how the kit will come to you. I don't see how you guys would be able to weld this but NOT be able to cut it. You must be lazy or retarded. Look at the mocked up manifold and the "pieces" in the kits you can clearly see that the TEE pieces had to be shortened. If mazworx's were to have these all cut and pre fabbed wouldn't it be easy for them to just weld them and then sell them or did non of you even think of that!

Well that was my whole point to this DIY kit. As I indicated I would have purchased two of these Ram style

manifolds. But I indicated that I could not weld nor have the time to do it even if I could. Too me if this guy has the know how and the skills, then make the damn things complete and sell them at a higher price. Me personally would pay for quality work and if it is $300-700 then so be it. I know I will just have to work a little harder, put in more overtime on the job, or skip a couple of night out on the town meals with the lady to get the toys I want. Thats just a part of life.

I've been looking for custom fabricators to do this job anyway. And yes they are expensive per hour

but if thats what it takes, then thats what it takes to get a job done right. Below are a few companies.

1)My link

2)My link

3)My link

#3 Actually is a log style with a lifetime waranty for a t3/t4 setup for $299 but not polished stainless steel.

As for the other companies I was considering sending old mookies turbo manifold to the fabricators to see if they could replicate it with better quality steel. But remember guys "It Cost To Be The Boss".

Hope this info can help all of us in one way or another.

• 3 weeks later...
What would it take to get you to build these things complete lock and key? You obviously have talent from what I can see to get this done. Provide a fair price for the GP so that you and the club both benifits from this. And any other option that you could prived i.e polished or different grade materials. You know the old saying if you build it they will come. Let us know thanks.