FYI about a car that is going to be coming up for sale soon...

JessN16

Comes from a friend whose identity I have to protect in order to post this, due to his job...

There's going to be a widebody Starion coming up for sale soon from an insurance sale in Alabama, and will be selling at auction. It might come with a title, a salvage title or it might be labeled "parts only," I don't know yet. It's bright red and runs. It was hit in the left rear, and the damage appears to be restricted to the left rear fender flare (car looks like it was sideswiped). The fuel filler door is blitzed. Honestly, any of us here would have either just fixed or driven it, but the owner of this car surrendered it to the insurance company.

I don't know what the price will be, but all cars sold must sell -- even for $25 for scrap value. So you could end up with a car for $25 or several hundred or thousand, just depends on the auction.

The car does not appear to be a SHP car. I don't have the model year. Mileage is 137k. It's a 5-speed. The emblems are intact on the rear of the car but the diamond-star is missing from the header panel, so it may have been painted. It has "TURBO" on the back glass if that helps determine vintage. Rear rims are factory, front rims are aftermarket.

In order to bid, you must:

1) Register with the state of Alabama -- I guess that means as a wholesaler, salvager, etc. Some towing companies are registered. If you're registered in your own state, check with Alabama and you might be able to get companion registration at no cost or reduced cost.

2) Submit for a bid card with the company that currently has the vehicle on its lot. This doesn't cost anything, so long as you register with the state first.

3) Bid on the day of the auction. Online bidding will be available on this car, as far as we know.

Anyone interested in this car should PM me here. You have about a month to figure out if you might be interested. The title is still in the process of transferring from the previous owner to the insurance company.

DO NOT ASK FOR PICTURES. I cannot distribute them to you, not because of any law, but because my friend's boss for some reason doesn't like to advertise his auctions. Sounds counter-productive to me, but it's not my call and I gave my word. I have seen pics of the car -- not the car itself -- and I'll answer what I can.

The bottom line is that this car doesn't need to get crushed. The left rear fender may look like crap but I've seen worse -- much worse. Hell, I've driven much worse personally.

Trying to save a StarQuest,

Jess

jess,

good to hear from you and nice to see you trying to save one. im not in any position to pick it up at the moment, but to whoever does buy it, i can give it a new quarter panel pretty easy. even have a good one of needed. i hope someone will pick it up and put it back together.

jess, dont be a stranger and tell melena i said hello.

jess,

good to hear from you and nice to see you trying to save one. im not in any position to pick it up at the moment, but to whoever does buy it, i can give it a new quarter panel pretty easy. even have a good one of needed. i hope someone will pick it up and put it back together.

jess, dont be a stranger and tell melena i said hello.

Will do, Grant. Good to talk to you as well. I've changed jobs and I have a dead Starion in the yard, so I haven't had the chance to be on here much. Plus it hurts to talk StarQuests when your own car is begging to be sent to the grave.

Jess