starting issues

Qman

alright so i have a rebuilt quest everything should be hooked up right my problem is when i turn her on she takes a few seconds to crank over, could this be bad injectors, or a bad regulator i checked the hose on the regulater when the car had been sitting for a day and it had fuel in it what do you think, oh and when it turns over it idles rough for a few seconds then runs great!

which hose at the requlator had fuel in it? the vacumme line? If that is the case you have a bad regulator and it is allowing fuel to leak into the intake.

no its not that i was looking at the wrong line, the injectors are fairly new they aren't the stock ones they are bigger! it cant be the regulator

Check your TPS/ISC adjustment.

An expiring idle speed motor, or out of whack adjustments will cause poor starting issues. You should probably also check the coolant tempertaure sensor. It tells the ECU when the engine is cold, and makes the necessary adjustments to start.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Check your TPS/ISC adjustment.

An expiring idle speed motor, or out of whack adjustments will cause poor starting issues. You should probably also check the coolant tempertaure sensor. It tells the ECU when the engine is cold, and makes the necessary adjustments to start.

Tim

it was leaky injectors i changed them and it starts and runs perfect thanks guys!