new guy with?s

You have a nice looking car.

Most people start with a modified magna intake. One or two come up for sale every mouth. Mpi is neither easy or cheep. Many start the conversion, but few see it through to a properly tuned completion. High 13's are possible on the tbi with the right combo of bolt on stuff.

Alot of the parts you need can be sourced from auto salvage yards and other second hand sources. the rest can be found here. www.diyautotune.com

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasqu...-unit-p-65.html

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/1239-me...ready-p-43.html

These are the 2 products i would suggest to start. For ignition i would suggest EDIS. it may seem a more daunting task to change ignition systems but in reality its just a few wires and you don't have to worry about trying to sync your timing, as long as you wire it correctly and run the right settings your timing should be dead on. take my word on EDIS, i messed with other systems and wasted a couple months before just giving in to EDIS. i think most of the systems on here run EDIS as well.

Your car looks great. But your screen name seems to make it sound not so nice, d septic quest?? Septic tank quest FTL. LOL... I'm just messin with you.

For ignition i would suggest EDIS.

Muahahahaha!! Feel the power of the dark side!!

-Robert

Check with a tuning shop in your area to see if they can tune megasquirt. I found one about an hour or so away and they do. That's gonna be my choice to run because of the support. Yea , some have converted to mpi but there cars run like crap because of improper tuning and they don't know or want to learn how to tune, so they end up selling their ride. I think someone on the for sale boards has an mpi for like 4500 but needs a good tune. Honestly if I were just getting into a starquest for the first time , I would buy an mpi car that needs that good tunning. Those people are so frustrated that they are practically giving their cars away. I hope I don't turn into one of those when i convert this winter. LOL