My journey has came to an end.

TRAVNASTY

Normally I try not to add or subtract from these types of discussions, but I have to ask...where you driving without insurance as well? You mention that you now have to get it insured to get it registered, so I am assuming you are not insured?

no insurace i got hell of lucky man. if he would have ran it boom another 750 bucks.

no worries bout the thread just wanted to let some stress out.

sad thing is this cop wasnt doing his job FYI he pulled me over for no dogon reason. to me thats not right even though i was in the wrong.

anyways i get it back monday but my father is selling my ride. depressing how i just got my license 2 weeks ago an lost my ride. he told me to come up with 2000 bucks n i can buy it from him. no bueno.

yall are a lot of nice people and i enjoy talking to ever1 and hopefully he dosnt sell it so i can fix her up.

thanks alot guys.

Travis

EXACTLY!!! As I'm reading this no one has brought that up. The legal way to drive an un-registered car is to get a one day permit from the DMV. They allow you to LEGALLY drive your car to the smog shop, repair shop, etc. Much cheaper than a towed car. I'm not trying to rub salt in a wound but honestly a FREE one day special moving permit or a $50 60 day temporary operating permit would have been alot cheaper than the impound fees.

FYI you don't have to register the car to get it back. You need insurance and a one day permit to get it back. You probably got towed for not having insurance. I've been pulled over for expired tags and never had my car towed. But if you don't have insurance cops take that very seriously. I don't like it either. I've been hit by an uninsured driver. You will understand when it happens to you. When your car gets wrecked by an uninsured driver and your insurance co says you're SOL and gives you a check for a fraction of what your car is worth.

Furthermore they have to prove the other driver wasn't insured. The insurance companies don't spend more than a few phone calls on the investigation. If the other driver doesn't admit to not having insurance guess what, you don't get paid for the damages. Even with a police report they still do an investigation and if they can't verify the facts on the police report you're screwed.

im just a kid that made a bad choice thats all there is to it cant change it hard to fix it im gonna have to just accept what happen and hope for the best

you said he pulled you over for a burnt out brake light. :)

Not trying to be a jerk, but, just saying, the cop had plenty of reason to pull you over.

Burnt out taillight, Feb 08 sticker on the tag...lol

Sorry, just being the son, grandson, and nephew of a cop...I tend to get defensive... :P

But, hope things work out for you, and you can get your car back, relatively easily.

you said he pulled you over for a burnt out brake light. :)

Not trying to be a jerk, but, just saying, the cop had plenty of reason to pull you over.

Burnt out taillight, Feb 08 sticker on the tag...lol

Sorry, just being the son, grandson, and nephew of a cop...I tend to get defensive... :P

But, hope things work out for you, and you can get your car back, relatively easily.

actualy my tailight wasnt burnt out. he lied.

*edit*

Really, posts like that aren't needed. 'Nuff said.

hey buddy its called plain ol bs. you dont like to bs. see ur way out. enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Pal... how 'bout I just delete the BS forum? :)

Just because it's the BS forum doesn't mean there aren't rules. And guess what, if you don't like it, I'll help you see your way out. Enough said.

I edited his post because there was no reason for it.

Hey Pal... how 'bout I just delete the BS forum? :)

Just because it's the BS forum doesn't mean there aren't rules. And guess what, if you don't like it, I'll help you see your way out. Enough said.

I edited his post because there was no reason for it.

hey bro i didnt know u edited his messagee. i thought that guy was talking crap bout my thread..lol no need for deleting srry for my comment. :thumbsup: