weird problem

nickkrmr

ok , i got my car running good, and swaped engines and reinstalled my engine harness to the ecu,

well, my wipers dont work, if i take out the fuse for the dome lights, they work on fast and slow but now intermediate, also if i turn on my radio they stop working as well, also if the radio is off, my seat belts and door locks wont work, but if the radio is on they work, very weird, any help would be greatly appreciated, i tore through all the harness and cant find any wires that are touching or burnt, and my buttons to turn the heat to the floor or defrost or toward you wont work they stay in one position and wont change diretions if yiou press the buttons , very confusions and frustrating, cant figure it out,

ok , i got my car running good, and swaped engines and reinstalled my engine harness to the ecu,

well, my wipers dont work, if i take out the fuse for the dome lights, they work on fast and slow but now intermediate, also if i turn on my radio they stop working as well, also if the radio is off, my seat belts and door locks wont work, but if the radio is on they work, very weird, any help would be greatly appreciated, i tore through all the harness and cant find any wires that are touching or burnt, and my buttons to turn the heat to the floor or defrost or toward you wont work they stay in one position and wont change diretions if yiou press the buttons , very confusions and frustrating, cant figure it out,

I had that same problem after swapping my engine. Mine wouldn't work at all.. then they slowly started crawling up my windshield. But about a week later they started to work all by themselves. Weird stuff.

when they do work when i have the radio off they wont go back down on there own, i have to shut them off when they reach the bottom, this is really bugging me, between the wipers and the locks and windows, mostly just the wipers, also the heating, hopefully they will go back to normall, the wipers were acting up before the engine swap the other stuff after,

interior devices ground behind the cluster , you can see the eyelet on a bolt center of the firewall on a brace,, in the engine compartment check and clean the ground by the fan relays behind the pass head light ,, also the 12mm bolt below the batt box,, and remove the block ground and sand paint from the metal

double check the intake ground ,both at the bolt and the large connector on the large wire

as far as the vents not changing...you probably missed the vac line that runs along the back of the firewall to the heater controls inside...

good possibility since you had the engine out.

i think yoiu are right about the vacume line i dont remember putting that back, will have to find that tomorow, and if the ground behind the cluster can case this i had that out and changed also during the swap, thanks for the info, i will check all of that this weekend, thanks guys for all the info i really hope one of these things will solve my problem, will post, thanks

interior devices ground behind the cluster , you can see the eyelet on a bolt center of the firewall on a brace,, in the engine compartment check and clean the ground by the fan relays behind the pass head light ,, also the 10mm bolt below the batt box,, and remove the block ground and sand paint from the metal

double check the intake ground ,both at the bolt and the large connector on the large wire

I think fixed. :biggrinumbrella1: